Menu

What tv show can you watch over and over?

mommyoffive

Oh, I have watched a bit of different sitcoms from the 1980s and 1990s recently.  Some I saw bits and pieces of back then.  Some I didn't see (my parents were really strict at random times about TV and we didn't even always have one anyways).  These things do not hold up.  A few weeks ago we watched Family Matters get hijacked by Steve Urkel, who I swear would be #metoo-ed now for being a boundary pushing pest.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

Stargate    All of them   Over and over and over

Star Trek.   This requires some....spreading out...for lack of a better word, but yeah.  I could go through all 10 seasons of SG1, all seasons of Atlantis, both seasons of SG Universe, then start Star Trek TOS, move on to all seasons of ST:TNG, Then DS9, then Voyager, and then sprinkle in some of the movies or otherwise...........and then just start all over again.

Add in some Firefly and/or the movie Serenty and yeah.....I am fully set lol

Yes. You saved me typing that all out, thanks! 

Okay, maybe not Universe. That was kind of awful. And I find DS9 and Enterprise a little less rewatchable than the other Treks, but now I quibble... 

Stargate SG1 and Atlantis just never get old, though...

Edited by Matryoshka

The Office (actually re-watching this for the millionth time right now)

Community

Parks and Rec

Law and Order original and SVU

Buffy

Dr. Who

Firefly

Star Trek Next Generation

Archer

Bob's Burgers

Farscape

X- Files not the new ones, haven't seen them

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Seinfeld 

Lie to Me

Original Twilight Zone

Futurama

Simpsons season 1 through season 8

Highlander

Pete and Pete

These are all series I've watched at least 3 times and would happily watch a fourth.  Many are shows I've watched countless times and will always love.  I am sure there are others that I haven't watched in ages that I can't think of right now but would happily watch again and again

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

Stargate    All of them   Over and over and over

Star Trek.   This requires some....spreading out...for lack of a better word, but yeah.  I could go through all 10 seasons of SG1, all seasons of Atlantis, both seasons of SG Universe, then start Star Trek TOS, move on to all seasons of ST:TNG, Then DS9, then Voyager, and then sprinkle in some of the movies or otherwise...........and then just start all over again.

Add in some Firefly and/or the movie Serenty and yeah.....I am fully set lol

Yep. What she said.

I also work in Battle Star Galactica, Haven, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Bones, and NCIS into the rotation. 

Edited by Tap
  • Like 1

stargate, 

star trek - picky about episodes

burn notice

I'm probably more a documentary type of person.

I really want to rewatch the one on George Boole.  He was self-taught, and said if he went to school like everyone else, he would have done math like everyone else and never made his discoveries.

I've enjoyed the physics docs with Jim Al-Khalili.  There was one where on quatum physics and how what happens in point A affects what happens at point B.  Einstein hated quantum physics.  But they were able to prove the theory using two quasars and two observatories.  It's interesting they've proven Eintein on a cosmic scale - but it doesn't work in the micro - just as they've proven quantum physics on the micro scale - but it doesn't work on the cosmic scale. there's something yet to be discovered that connects the two.

how the states got their shapes - has some quirky US history trivia.

great British castles (there were two seaons, only one is currently on netflix.)

irish castles  

both series are worth watching together as there is a fair bit of overlap from different perspectives.  lots of history

which has put me in the mood for:

The Lion in Winter  (apparently, when Peter O'Toole sent Katharine Hepburn the script, she phoned him a few days later and said do it before she died.)

and Becket.   both are Peter O'Toole playing Henry II.  (who built a lot of the castles covered in the two castles series.)

I'm probably more a rewatch old movies person.  One of my favs is The Philadelphia Story.   

2 hours ago, LucyStoner said:

Oh, I have watched a bit of different sitcoms from the 1980s and 1990s recently.  Some I saw bits and pieces of back then.  Some I didn't see (my parents were really strict at random times about TV and we didn't even always have one anyways).  These things do not hold up.  A few weeks ago we watched Family Matters get hijacked by Steve Urkel, who I swear would be #metoo-ed now for being a boundary pushing pest.  

That character has NOT aged well.

To answer the OP's question:

Gargoyles

Kim Possible

Galavant

Farscape

Psych (early seasons)

iZombie

Veronica Mars (seasons 1 and 2)

Frasier (Niles has also not aged well, but I still love the show)

Malcolm in the Middle

Babylon 5

ST: DS9 (the best Trek, hands down, so long as I skip most of the Ferengi eps)

• Like 1

-Firefly

-Veronica Mars S1 and sometimes 2

-Community S1-3

-The Office

-Parks and Rec

In the K-drama world, I often re-watch the first few episodes and then stop when it starts getting, well, dramatic:

-My Love From the Star

-Coffee Prince

-Crash Landing On You

-Queen In-Hyun's Man

-I Hear Your Voice

-Mister Sunshine

We don't have TV or Netflix anymore, so I don't even know if they're available or not, but if we did and they were, I could see myself binge watching Party of Five or Dawson's Creek or 90210 or Melrose Place sometime when my kids and DH are gone and I have the house to myself and no one to judge me for my teenage obsessions for those shows LOL

• Like 1

I’m really not big on rewatching shows or even most movies, but there are a few now and then.

I’ve done Friends a few times. Now it’s The Office, and I forced myself though Season 1 because, if I’m going to do it, I have to do the whole thing.

Dh can rewatch just about anything a million times, and I don’t get it. But he’s also a monster who will skip around!

Edited by Carrie12345

5 minutes ago, CinV said:

Person of Interest

Haven

Big Bang Theory

The Office

Gravity Falls (kids)

Is Gravity Falls that Cold War one?  If so, that was SO good, even if you're not a kid.  Or maybe I'm completely confusing things!   

I don't think I've ever heard of Haven, and a few people have mentioned it.  What is that?

1 hour ago, happysmileylady said:

Universe wasn't *THAT* bad.  I mean, it was the worst of the 3, but still.  

But, the ending was TERRIBLE.  Poor Eli all alone on the ship, I wish they had a better ending for him.

We'l have to disagree.  😉  The other two Stargates are full of humor and the best part is the fun interaction and banter between the characters, who all genuinely like each other and are good people with good intentions.

Universe was filled with a bunch of cranky, misanthropic, mean people who all hated each other, and other than perhaps Eli, everyone's motivations were suspect.  And in the gloomy dark.  😒  Turn on the lights, people!

I have watched all the other Stargates more times than I can count, but have nooo desire to watch Universe again.  I've kind of been pretending it never happened...

1 hour ago, Matryoshka said:

Is Gravity Falls that Cold War one?  If so, that was SO good, even if you're not a kid.  Or maybe I'm completely confusing things!   

I don't think I've ever heard of Haven, and a few people have mentioned it.  What is that?

Gravity Falls is the one with Dipper and Mabel spending the summer with their uncle in a town where lots of weird things happen. Haven is kind of sci-fi where a FBI agent goes to a small town in Maine where people have "troubles" that she helps control. I discovered it on Netflix and binge watched the series.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CinV said:

Gravity Falls is the one with Dipper and Mabel spending the summer with their uncle in a town where lots of weird things happen. Haven is kind of sci-fi where a FBI agent goes to a small town in Maine where people have "troubles" that she helps control. I discovered it on Netflix and binge watched the series.

Okay, so I had to Google to figure out which show I was thinking of... Granite Flats. Same initials, lol.

I may check out Haven....

Edited by Matryoshka