Menu

Learn to draw the world

hs03842

Love, love, love Ellen J. McHenry's curriculum. 

I took her ideas and put them into my own curriculum design for my Ancient class and my Middle Age class. Students who took both with me are graduating this year and still have their drawings. (including my own dd) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lmrich said:

Love, love, love Ellen J. McHenry's curriculum. 

I took her ideas and put them into my own curriculum design for my Ancient class and my Middle Age class. Students who took both with me are graduating this year and still have their drawings. (including my own dd) 

Did you see my other thread about the time to do the drawings? Was it close to the video time, a lot longer, etc.? Thank you

11 hours ago, cintinative said:

Did you see my other thread about the time to do the drawings? Was it close to the video time, a lot longer, etc.? Thank you

I actually watched and completed Ellen's videos and tailored her lessons to fit my curriculum and then made up my own following her format. Later, I did a drawing the US class with lots of Native American history added to it.  I needed the class to be 55 minutes long so I just practiced to make sure that worked for me. 

I used her anatomy curriculum - also a lot of drawing. I was able to complete those videos in the time she allowed; sometimes a bit faster, sometimes slower. She is an excellent instructor. 

• Thanks 1

We've had amazing success with the Draw Europe book mentioned above.  Unfortunately, there is not one for every region in the world, so we are switching to freehandmaps.com for the next part we want to draw.  

ETA See below.  But freehandmaps.com does still look like a good resource as well.  

Edited by Monica_in_Switzerland