Menu

Looks like my state is going into Phase 3 on July 1st

mlktwins

Fun, fun times!!!  My family is still on Phase 1 lock down protocol -- LOL.  Guess we will just wait until everyone in the state comes back to Phase 1 with us.  And...our county is a hot spot at the moment!

ETA:  I'm in Virginia.  I should have stated that in my initial post :-).

Edited by mlktwins
  • Like 2
  • Sad 6

14 minutes ago, mlktwins said:

Fun, fun times!!!  My family is still on Phase 1 lock down protocol -- LOL.  Guess we will just wait until everyone in the state comes back to Phase 1 with us.  And...our county is a hot spot at the moment!

Are you in Virginia?  I'm stressed about this, too, since our area is having a major uptick in infections, and my in laws, who we really can't effectively social distance from, are saying things like, "Well, the restaurants are open now, so it's fine."

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, mlktwins said:

It is 😞 and you are not far from me 😞.

Are you in the same state or a bordering state? I think I know the answer to that but remind me unless you keep that private. 

I have lost track of which states are in which phase. 

My feeling is: I do what feels comfortable to me. I don’t much care what the official governor or county gov phasing is. There are numerous things we are “allowed” to do which I am not doing. Having said that, I know it’s stressful anyway because I can’t control my adult children’s decisions about exposure and I can’t control my husband’s. The thing I “liked” about the initial strict lockdown phase was no push-back from my kids or dh. Everybody went along with it because it was the law. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Quill said:

Are you in the same state or a bordering state? I think I know the answer to that but remind me unless you keep that private. 

I have lost track of which states are in which phase. 

My feeling is: I do what feels comfortable to me. I don’t much care what the official governor or county gov phasing is. There are numerous things we are “allowed” to do which I am not doing. Having said that, I know it’s stressful anyway because I can’t control my adult children’s decisions about exposure and I can’t control my husband’s. The thing I “liked” about the initial strict lockdown phase was no push-back from my kids or dh. Everybody went along with it because it was the law. 

VA.  Yes, I agree.  We are doing what we feel is necessary, but hard because people are wanting to meet up, etc.  Nope...we are choosing not to - for us and our elderly parents.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Are you in Virginia?  I'm stressed about this, too, since our area is having a major uptick in infections, and my in laws, who we really can't effectively social distance from, are saying things like, "Well, the restaurants are open now, so it's fine."

Yes, I will update my original post.  

The CDC is coming and doing a house to house survey in a few zip codes around me because the cases numbers are going so high.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

The thing that is so utterly crazy to me about all this is that....what happens in Vegas (or Florida, or Texas, or Virginia, or Arkansas) DOES NOT STAY in Vegas (et al). The case spikes in other areas/states *will* travel and cause new outbreaks in places previously not impacted.

BTW, the EU is now considering banning travelers from the U.S. (along with Russia & Brazil) due increasing cases.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I live in one of those zip codes the CDC is supposedly going to visit - actually I thought they were to start yesterday but haven't seen a thing. Now, in some reports they said they were only going to focus on families who were Spanish speaking - not sure how they were going to come up with which houses to visit.  I'm not so sure I'm trusting those rising numbers because there was a big push for two weeks to test, test and test everywhere and anywhere - and they reported that they were backlogged in giving out the results to all those tests but meanwhile in the county next door where there have been numerous reports of high cases in the low income hispanic communities they aren't going door to door so that doesn't make any sense.  They do have issues with the nursing homes and those numbers, that is for sure!  Something is just not right here in my zip code and the two that neighbor me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PrincessMommy said:

Your state is opening up but the news yesterday said it may not include No.VA.   They may stay in Phase 2 for a few more weeks.  Has that been confirmed?

That is what I've heard but it's a pretty pointless distinction. There's so many commuters that may work in the Phase 2 zone but live in the Phase 3 zone that I don't see how it's going to make much of a difference and then you have those who live in the phase 2 zone being able to travel 5 miles down the road and hit all the phase 3 bars and restaurants. 

Edited by Paige

7 minutes ago, Paige said:

That is what I've heard but it's a pretty pointless distinction. There's so many commuters that may work in the Phase 2 zone but live in the Phase 3 zone that I don't see how it's going to make much of a difference and then you have those who live in the phase 2 zone being able to travel 5 miles down the road and hit all the phase 3 bars and restaurants. 

That will be the case in many places not just county borders but also state borders across America.

23 minutes ago, PrincessMommy said:

Your state is opening up but the news yesterday said it may not include No.VA.   They may stay in Phase 2 for a few more weeks.  Has that been confirmed?

This is what I read yesterday - Virginia, including the Northern Virginia region, will enter the next phase of reopenings on Wednesday, July 1, Gov. Ralph Northam announced Tuesday.  But I think they added to the article since then and it says Northern VA and Richmond are opening unless he hears of concerns from area leaders.

It really doesn't matter.  I have, out of curiosity, sat in the parking lot at grocery stores, Target, etc. (on my way over to my dad's place) to see what people are doing.  I certainly don't see masks on everyone - not by a long shot.  

We are just continuing what we are doing.  Doesn't really matter to our family except my in-laws, who are still able to drive, may decide they've had enough.  And then, if they go out, we will not be able to care for them for at least 14 days after they've been out because I am also taking care of my elderly father (I'm all he has).  And...if my dad's apartment building opens up all its activities again, and he decides to participate (his choice), then I will have to hire people to help him because we are caring for my in-laws.  Sucks to be in this situation.  It would be so much easier if I were making choices for my little family of 4.  ETA:  My boys quit swimming (their passion) for now because we provide a lot of care for our 3 elderly parents.  I do expect the same consideration from them.  Sorry for the vent!  I know everyone is going through so much with this.  I am just weary taking are of everyone...

Edited by mlktwins
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

12 minutes ago, Paige said:

Yep!  In our tri-state area for sure!  My DH's office is downtown, but he works from home full-time anyway.  Thank goodness!

15 minutes ago, Paige said:

What are these phases of which you speak lol! Our state has 2 total and they are 1. Mostly shut down 2. Completely open

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, 1shortmomto4 said:

I live in one of those zip codes the CDC is supposedly going to visit - actually I thought they were to start yesterday but haven't seen a thing. Now, in some reports they said they were only going to focus on families who were Spanish speaking - not sure how they were going to come up with which houses to visit.  I'm not so sure I'm trusting those rising numbers because there was a big push for two weeks to test, test and test everywhere and anywhere - and they reported that they were backlogged in giving out the results to all those tests but meanwhile in the county next door where there have been numerous reports of high cases in the low income hispanic communities they aren't going door to door so that doesn't make any sense.  They do have issues with the nursing homes and those numbers, that is for sure!  Something is just not right here in my zip code and the two that neighbor me.

My state is having rising numbers — despite it still being fairly hard to get tested where I am

I don’t think rising numbers are merely related to increased testing 

1 hour ago, TCB said:

What are these phases of which you speak lol! Our state has 2 total and they are 1. Mostly shut down 2. Completely open

I think both VA and MD are similar even though they may call the phases something different.  We have 3 Phases in our state. I think VA is the same.  Counties have a say in how open they will be once the Gov says we can move to the next phase.  For instance our county was a week or two behind our whole state.    We just moved to phase 2 on Friday. No talk yet about phase 3- which is still limited but less so.  We are behind VA, but I think VA has had better numbers than we did.

@mlktwins  I'm not sure what the mask requirements are in VA but in MD we have to wear masks inside stores.  By watching outside I'm not sure you can tell that.  I personally don't put my mask on until I'm headed into the store - unless there are a lot of people by the door, which is rare.    But inside it is 100% mask wearing.   Once outside I take off my mask because there is no need to wear one outside from all the things I've read.  and plus it's been in the upper 80s with high humidity.  I can't breath.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joker said:

We had a bit of a jump in cases today here in Indiana. Double what we had yesterday. Bars will have been open two weeks tomorrow. 😐 I’m really hoping it’s not the beginning of anything.

Ugh. Bars and nightclubs just seem to be especially bad for spreading events... 🙁  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matryoshka said:

Ugh. Bars and nightclubs just seem to be especially bad for spreading events... 🙁  

Yes, I was really worried when gyms reopened but our numbers actually seemed to do ok with it. I was trying not to worry about the bars and then seeing the new cases today gave me pause. I’m hoping it’s nothing but bars are just a bad idea right now.

1 minute ago, Joker said:

Yes, I was really worried when gyms reopened but our numbers actually seemed to do ok with it. I was trying not to worry about the bars and then seeing the new cases today gave me pause. I’m hoping it’s nothing but bars are just a bad idea right now.

I have also been really nervous about gyms. I *love* my gym and would really like to go back, but I think it's going to be quite a while after it's opened (sometime next month if things go well? ) and there's no gym spread that I'll actually feel comfortable doing so. It's a small space and we're all breathing really hard, and I'm guessing without masks.  Just seems super-risky...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joker said:

We had a bit of a jump in cases today here in Indiana. Double what we had yesterday. Bars will have been open two weeks tomorrow. 😐 I’m really hoping it’s not the beginning of anything.

And we are supposed to be going to a lake cabin near Elkhart tomorrow for the weekend (just our household.)  It's a gift to my hubby from someone he helped.  I wasn't in favor of going, but we've been assured by the owners that, if we don't need to stop to use a restroom and bring our own food, that we don't need to even see anyone.  Can I make a 2+hour drive without a potty break when I can barely make it through a 2 hour zoom class? 😁  ( Today, I had to go so bad during an important class that I had to turn off my mic and camera so I could go to the bathroom and not miss some important stuff.  And double checked the camera several times to make sure my entire class was not watching me pee.  🤣)

• Like 1