Menu

Who was your childhood celebrity crush?

I was so ridiculously in love with Donny Osmond when I was a little girl. I wanted to marry him. Spending so much time cooped up at home now has me digging up long -forgotten songs and memories. All of the brothers were pretty awesome. But that Donny and his million dollar smile.

• Like 3
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Y'all please quit spelling my boo's name wrong - it's Shaun Cassidy 😄 Randolph Mantooth and Shaun Cassidy were by far my strongest and longest childhood celebrity crushes. I had it pretty bad for

Kirk Cameron, Michael J Fox, Bo and Luke Duke, Eric Estrada, Michael Jackson, all of Menudo, Sylvesyer Stallone, Sean Connery, Rob Lowe, Ralph Macchio, Rick Springfield, Patrick Swayze, Tom Cruise, Ri

I don't remember having one, but I was shocked and, well, more shocked 🤣 to discover my Mennonite, no-nonsense mom's Ricky Nelson scrapbook when I was a late teen.🤣🤣🤣 That was a fun discovery.

My sister loved Donny Osmond and my other sister loved Sean Cassidy. Weirdly, I didn’t really crush on celebrities. My bff did and always put those Teen Beat posters all over her walls while she was crushing on a celebrity. I remember hers: Michael Jackson, Sylvester Stallone, Rick Springfield and Prince. For a little while, she put up posters of John Stamos and that was the only celebrity I thought, “Yeah...I could get into him.” But I never did fixate on any celebrity the way she did or my sisters did. 

There were a couple of guys I knew at school who I crushed on all the time and never dated. Brian Donovan...🤫 and Charlie Romanchek. One year, Brian was in a devastating accident and was severely injured. He walked with a limp either permanently or for years afterwards. I still thought he was gorgeous! I don’t know what became of either of these guys. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Jonathan Brandis. I don’t care how crappy Seaquest was, I loved him to bits.  

Oh him too.  But I don't know him from Seaquest.  I know him from IT(which I watch at like age 7) and Ladybugs (two very different movies.)

• Like 1

I don't remember having one, but I was shocked and, well, more shocked 🤣 to discover my Mennonite, no-nonsense mom's Ricky Nelson scrapbook when I was a late teen.🤣🤣🤣 That was a fun discovery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Maybe this is weird, but I don't remember having a single childhood crush!!  Now I'm wondering how normal that is...  (I did have a boyfriend in kindergarten though...)

• Like 3

Sean Cassidy had a great smile - I didn't crush.  But I watched the Partridge Family (his mom and half-brother), and remember watching things with his dad (Jack Cassidy) in them.   And the fire. . .  Must have gotten the smile from his dad because David had a good smile too.

anyway - got curious what he's doing.  He got into writing and producing.  He hasn't acted in 25 years.

David Bowie as the goblin king woke me from childhood. 🤣 Once the awareness was there, I’ve had a pretty loyal Sting crush. My kids call him “Stung, because he’s old,” but they’re both terrible people. (My children, not Bowie and Sting.)

• Haha 6

Ricky Martin - I was a huge Menudo fan!!! My bff and I would dream about who we would marry someday and my dream was to marry Ricky Martin. He was a cutie back then!!!

I'm another for Sean Cassidy.  And definitely Dirk Benedict.  Those are the only ones I can remember right now.

I think some of us are giving clear indications of our ages with these choices.  🤣😂

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

David Bowie as the goblin king woke me from childhood. 🤣 

Yes, I had a massive David Bowie crush for yeeears.  And many many albums for a preteen girl in the 90’s. *happy sigh*

Edited by Arctic Mama
  • Like 1

Y'all please quit spelling my boo's name wrong - it's Shaun Cassidy 😄

Randolph Mantooth and Shaun Cassidy were by far my strongest and longest childhood celebrity crushes. I had it pretty bad for Mark Harmon in his early days. Also in his later days, but I was no longer a child by then, lol. 

I dabbled in Dirk Benedict, Erik Estrada, Larry Wilcox, and some others. 

Basically, if a show featured mysteries or uniforms plus at least one reasonably young actor, I likely had a crush on someone in it: Emergency, The Hardy Boys, 240-Robert, CHIPS, Code Red, Adam-12, The Rookies . . . I was also perfectly willing to hang posters of pretty boys that I really didn't have a crush on. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

I was so ridiculously in love with Donny Osmond when I was a little girl. 

I once showed my kids one of his performances on youtube, and they were like, super famous? Really? Why yes, he even had a popular TV show with his sister (shows clips), UGGGGHHH WHY ARE THEY SINGING LOVE SONGS TO EACH OTHER?? 😂 

I don't know, child, but The Carpenters did it first . . . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ralph Macchio.

We watched a lot of westerns, and I always thought James Garner was so handsome.

Later, David James Elliott (J.A.G.)

Always dark hair. My husband does not have dark hair, and it was a huge thing in my mental list of pros and cons. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Jentrovert said:

Ralph Macchio.

We watched a lot of westerns, and I always thought James Garner was so handsome.

Later, David James Elliott (J.A.G.)

Always dark hair. My husband does not have dark hair, and it was a huge thing in my mental list of pros and cons. 🤣

Same here! 😂 I loved Sylvester Stallone, Ralph Macchio, and Luke Duke......later Benedict Cumberbatch, but yes, always dark hair. Dh is blond and blue-eyed.😂

• Haha 1

I had a Kirk Cameron poster on one side of the room and a Johnny Depp (with the heart tatoo on his shoulder for Wynnona Rider? I think) on the other side.  But later on I would probably admit to Wil Weaton, and Lee Stetson was pretty great.

Kirk Cameron, Michael J Fox, Bo and Luke Duke, Eric Estrada, Michael Jackson, all of Menudo, Sylvesyer Stallone, Sean Connery, Rob Lowe, Ralph Macchio, Rick Springfield, Patrick Swayze, Tom Cruise, River Phoenix, C Thomas Howell, Bruce Willis from his Moonlighting days,  and oddly enough Barry Manilow 🙄

The list is long and varied and I am definitely dating myself 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Patrick Swayze, mullet and all.

Then later, David Duchovny (now I think he's kind of icky, so I think my real crush was for Agent Mulder).

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, J-rap said:

Maybe this is weird, but I don't remember having a single childhood crush!!  Now I'm wondering how normal that is...  (I did have a boyfriend in kindergarten though...)

I didn't either though I know I started liking boys by first or second grade.  DH also says he started liking girls much earlier than so -called experts say kids should.

• Like 2

I'll ditto Randolph Mantooth as the very first crush. I must have been pretty young then--younger than 10. And I'll ditto Shaun Cassidy too. The new name I can add to the list is Jimmy McNichol (Kristy's brother).

• Like 3

My celebrity crushes were athletes from my favourite weekend show in Canada, "Wide World of Sports." Alpine skiers, "Crazy Canucks" Ken Reid and Steve Podborski, various ski jumpers, speed skaters, tennis players and swimmers were my favourites.

4 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

See, David Bowie was just NOT for me lol.  

By the time I was old enough to act on those new feelings, my tastes skewed to much manlier men.  My theory is that Bowie was a non-threatening Starter Man. The men I liked later would have been too intense for middle school Panda who was a late bloomer. 🤣

• Haha 7

The closest thing to acelebrity crush I had was...an admiration for Prince. I loved his eccentricity and freedom to be his own person and his music for sure. That electric guitar? Swoon. Probably one of the celebrity deaths that hit me the hardest too.

Edited by IfIOnly
  • Like 1