Menu

Acne in Preteens/Teens

scbusf

DD is 12 1/2 and her acne is pretty moderate, I'd say. It bothers her, so we have tried a few different things. Over the counter face washes, and a few natural soaps. Nothing seems to help. I don't think we're at the point of seeing a dermatologist quite yet.

What do your kids use and what's their routine? She's very responsible and will keep to a solid routine. Thanks!!!

We once saw a dermatologist for something else and asked what products to use for basic teen breakouts and he said salicylic acid and benzoil peroxide. I like the ease of Stridex pads for the former, especially for using on my disabled kid. My other dd likes using a toner/astringent. I think hers is Clean & Clear, and she also has their face wash and a scrub I think. For a big zit, I like Neutrogena On-the-Spot, which is benzoil peroxide, but at a much lower percentage than some products. I read once that the 10% stuff is no more effective than the 2%, but it's a lot harder on the face.