Menu

Global Goose French

I sent a request for an evaluation to GG directly but hope to find some advice from those whose students have taken French II/Honors. My daughters have completed Galore Park's French I and II. They plan to go through the third book this summer and are very much wanting conversational French. There are no options at the local college/university for French, unfortunately. Does anyone have experience with the Honors French II class with GG?

I would not recommend them. My daughter just finished French 2 there and will be redoing it elsewhere. The teacher gave up partway through the school year and left the majority of the second semester's work ungraded (along with some items from the first semester). The teacher has some pretty serious executive function issues, and it impeded her ability to run her classes this year. She is trying to take on additional classes this upcoming school year, so I expect she will have even more trouble keeping up with grading, posting assignments, etc.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clear Creek said:

I would not recommend them. My daughter just finished French 2 there and will be redoing it elsewhere. The teacher gave up partway through the school year and left the majority of the second semester's work ungraded (along with some items from the first semester). The teacher has some pretty serious executive function issues, and it impeded her ability to run her classes this year. She is trying to take on additional classes this upcoming school year, so I expect she will have even more trouble keeping up with grading, posting assignments, etc.  

Since the French 2 was a repeat for dd, she did fine... but wondered out loud who the rest of the class was getting through since it was new material for them.