Menu

S/o Masks in Orlando, Disney, Universal, etc., also CA/Los Angeles

PeterPan

My county's numbers aren't as high as some surrounding counties but we're still breaking records. Today it's a record high of 69 new cases for a total of 817. The population of the county is around 600,000. 

The following is concerning. They found the virus in raw sewage from the time around Memorial Day and the launch, meaning the people who crowded the area for both events were positive at the time. It was a significant jump from the previous sewage inspections in early May. The beaches in Cape Canaveral are just north of Cocoa Beach. In fact unless you pay attention to signs you don't notice when you leave one city and enter the other because it's one big touristy strip of A1A. It's also a prime viewing spot for launches.

Coronavirus found in Cape Canaveral sewage

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, PeterPan said:

Yup, I saw that. It's pretty logical. Frankly, I don't see cruising being a thing till next spring/summer. I just don't see it. I don't know where I'm going to go for winter sun, but I don't think I'll be getting it on a cruise.

This is a huge economic blow for Southeast Alaska

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Yeah, and not great for the extended tourist industry along the Kenai either.  And with the major blows in oil revenue, even with budget restructuring, this is pushing a lot of families over the edge who didn’t already leave (like we did).  Bad, bad times. 

Oh that's interesting. We visited Alaska a number of years ago and I was wondering if we should go again. I just somehow thought they didn't want tourists, that there was sort of an anti influx of virus sentiment. But you're right, it would be hard on their economy to miss even one season of tourism, especially with oil prices down.

Testing yesterday was by UCF again so the number was large for Seminole too.......over 100.  I am sort of curious about the numbers by where I actually live.

I think the most upsetting thing I have heard today was our neighbor (in her 60’s) told us that her friends were all getting Covid tests so they wouldn’t have to worry about getting Covid.  Yes, you read it right.  She can’t convince them that a negative today doesn’t mean you can’t catch it tomorrow and die........so there are apparently a whole lot of people running around thinking they have immunity from the negative Covid test.  Can’t figure it out .......maybe that’s why we have so many unmasked people. Neighbor is still being careful btw!

• Confused 2

21 hours ago, mumto2 said:

Testing yesterday was by UCF again so the number was large for Seminole too.......over 100.  I am sort of curious about the numbers by where I actually live.

Are you not able to find numbers by zip code and city? Florida Today has been reporting Brevard's numbers that way. Is the Orlando Sentinel or another publication in your area (Seminole?) giving the numbers?

Florida Today is getting their info from the Florida DOH. Here's how they're listing it every day (link is to today's numbers).

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/2020/06/21/coronavirus-brevard-cases-deaths/3222670001/

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

Are you not able to find numbers by zip code and city? Florida Today has been reporting Brevard's numbers that way. Is the Orlando Sentinel or another publication in your area (Seminole?) giving the numbers?

Florida Today is getting their info from the Florida DOH. Here's how they're listing it every day (link is to today's numbers).

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/2020/06/21/coronavirus-brevard-cases-deaths/3222670001/

The main dashboard usually lets you check totals by zipcode, but not new cases by zipcode. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lady Florida. said:

My husband has been keeping track of the numbers for Seminole since when reporting started to compare with the numbers in England where we lived.  He needs new active cases in order to compare with any degree of accuracy.  I normally really like knowing his 7 day active number but lately that has been a bit horrifying.  The good news(?) is his graph might be stabilizing to a new normal level instead of climbing.......need a few more days

• Like 1