Menu

Solved: Toxic person X-Mas gifts. I don't want to play this year.

Slache

Ask for condoms. Be very specific, and ask for the type with ridges for her pleasure. Let her argue about that! Hearing her debate the wisdom of which kind would be fascinating. (or could ask for adult toys. that would be fun too.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

5 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

Ask for condoms. Be very specific, and ask for the type with ridges for her pleasure. Let her argue about that! Hearing her debate the wisdom of which kind would be fascinating. (or could ask for adult toys. that would be fun too.)

I have a horrible story about this. I'm not posting it and I've never told my husband because he would shrivel and die, but no. No sex things. Ever.

• Haha 5

59 minutes ago, Slache said:

I have a horrible story about this. I'm not posting it and I've never told my husband because he would shrivel and die, but no. No sex things. Ever.

My MIL wanted details on our honeymoon.  Not on where we went and what we saw - nope - on the private stuff.  I drew a very firm boundary right then and there.  Not going to talk about that!  She didn't "remember" my name for a whole year after that.  I would call and say "This is Jean".  "Who?"  "Jean".  "Who?"  "Your son's wife"  "He's married?"  Not kidding. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

My MIL wanted details on our honeymoon.  Not on where we went and what we saw - nope - on the private stuff.  I drew a very firm boundary right then and there.  Not going to talk about that!  She didn't "remember" my name for a whole year after that.  I would call and say "This is Jean".  "Who?"  "Jean".  "Who?"  "Your son's wife"  "He's married?"  Not kidding. 

WOW.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I would start calling myself Kelly. Or just changing it each time.

If it were me now I would have given horribly graphic, wildly inaccurate details about what we did, but I wouldn't have back then.

I had a relative who has tendency toward similar gifting behavior.  Told her I wanted fresh flowers.  It constitutes a gift, and they will die on their own in week or so.  I made the flowers decision after years of her monitoring whether and how much I used the gifts she bought.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Slache said:

I would start calling myself Kelly. Or just changing it each time.

If it were me now I would have given horribly graphic, wildly inaccurate details about what we did, but I wouldn't have back then.

That would have violated my own boundaries and would have been a version of playing the game.  I don't think that games are appropriate even if they are clever. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Slache said:

Hubby said ok to laying down the law and doing kids only. This means less stress, but also more money for the ones who really enjoy it.

This is exciting!

So glad to hear!  We do the same with my siblings, and it works very nicely.

• Thanks 1