Menu

Best non-homemade masks?

sassenach

Have any of you found lighter weight masks that are comfortable for long shifts? DD is working a summer camp and has to wear a mask all day out in the heat. For this purpose, I am much more concerned about breathability than protection, tbh. My mom made us some masks, but they are suffocating.

TIA,

Shannon

I bought for someone with a medical issue that can’t wear a regular face mask ones from amazon.  They had a breathing exhaust port thing and has a filter pocket.  It came in a two pack with 10 filters. Hard to explain but you will recognize it by that description.  The person has no complaints wearing it in the 90+ heat, to work and it washes well. 

• Like 1

Got one of these with filters for ds before I could make my own masks. He still prefers this one. He never has to adjust it. It’s washable. He likes that it doesn’t mess up his hair. It’s really made for pollution and dust. I used the charcoal filters as a pattern to make my own filters that cover the exhaust port since I read that masks with those don’t protect other people. The ear loops don’t tug or anything. 

3B0322A8-45F5-44F9-AC0D-661D50B877B4.png

• Like 1

These are expensive but amazing.  I really dislike  wearing a mask for long time because I get hot but these ones are fine. The nose piece is comfortable.   They have a filter option and you can choose between ear loops of over the head elastic.  As soon as we got the two I ordered, we ordered 6 more.  There are coupon codes available.  

https://graf-lantz.com/collections/face-mask

• Like 2