Menu

Favorite chicken recipes?

IfIOnly

That chili looks good! These are my two favorite chicken recipes.

This one I make and serve on buns with coleslaw on the bun too. Very flavorful for crock pot chicken. https://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2014/06/best-crockpot-bbq-chicken.html

This one I make exactly as written and the lime juice mixed with the resting juices is a must. It is so, so good with fresh cilantro and pico de Gallo. The Cilantro Lime Ranch dressing (recommended in the recipe) is good too and what my oldest son prefers. 
https://www.cookingclassy.com/grilled-chicken-tacos-cilantro-lime-ranch

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mmasc said:

That chili looks good! These are my two favorite chicken recipes.

This one I make and serve on buns with coleslaw on the bun too. Very flavorful for crock pot chicken. https://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2014/06/best-crockpot-bbq-chicken.html

This one I make exactly as written and the lime juice mixed with the resting juices is a must. It is so, so good with fresh cilantro and pico de Gallo. The Cilantro Lime Ranch dressing (recommended in the recipe) is good too and what my oldest son prefers. 
https://www.cookingclassy.com/grilled-chicken-tacos-cilantro-lime-ranch

You posted the grilled chicken taco recipe in another thread, and I forgot to tell you we love It!! It's pretty much our company meal now because everyone loves it. Yum!!

I make a jalepeno, cilantro, lime juice, mayo/sour cream/yogurt sauce in the blender for the tacos when we have company that is divine.

Will try the BBQ chicken recipe soon. Thank you!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IfIOnly said:

You posted the grilled chicken taco recipe in another thread, and I forgot to tell you we love It!! It's pretty much our company meal now because everyone loves it. Yum!!

I make a jalepeno, cilantro, lime juice, mayo/sour cream/yogurt sauce in the blender for the tacos when we have company that is divine.

Will try the BBQ chicken recipe soon. Thank you!

Yeah, I pretty much share these two on every recipe thread 😂 I’m glad you enjoy it! Your dressing sounds delicious. Do you have a recipe, or just put those ingredients together in amounts that taste good?😁

eta: I’m going to try the chili one soon! I actually have everything on hand right now except for the beer. 

Edited by mmasc
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mmasc said:

Yeah, I pretty much share these two on every recipe thread 😂 I’m glad you enjoy it! Your dressing sounds delicious. Do you have a recipe, or just put those ingredients together in amounts that taste good?😁

eta: I’m going to try the chili one soon! I actually have everything on hand right now except for the beer. 

This is pretty much what I do but add a whole bunch of cilantro and more garlic and jalepeno.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/239576/lick-the-spoon-cilantro-jalapeno-aioli/

I'm such a cheap skate with our food budget and have never tried the beer in the chilli. I bet it's really good. I usually just do water and broth concentrate instead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, thank you for this!! A church near us recently partnered with a chicken farm to provide/sell bulk chicken to the masses, so we have currently *80 pounds* of chicken in our freezer, plus what I already had in there......oh my word, it's a lot of chicken! LOL! 

My go-to for chicken legs (would also work for any bone-in piece) is to bake. The "recipe" is for BBQ sauce, but any sauce will work. 

Oven to 400*, brush chicken pieces with olive oil & sprinkle with salt/pepper (lightly). Bake for 20 mins. 
Increase oven temp to 425*, brush chicken with BBQ sauce (or other sauce; I've done ranch dressing; Italian dressing; honey mustard; etc), bake for 10-15 mins. 
Brush chicken w/sauce one more time, bake additional 10-15 mins. 
*If the chicken was well and truly thawed, and if chicken legs, then the 10 mins each time is good; if it was even a little frozen, or thicker pieces, the 15 mins each time should do the trick. We started yesterday's with fully frozen and kept the same amount of time, but 425* for the whole thing and it was perfect. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The other thing I have done is that we packaged the chicken breasts in various sauces for freezing, so that they are marinating in it. Then I can just bake the chicken like normal, or throw in the crockpot, and the sauce/flavor is already there. 

We fixed some up with Italian dressing, some with Lime Cilantro Ranch, some with BBQ sauce, etc. Some we kept plain. I'll probably do some with just beer. (the chicken breast we bought is in bulk 10 pound bags, totally frozen, so each time we take out one 10 pound bag to use, we thaw it just enough in the fridge to be able to pull apart the chicken; we use one as-is that night, and repackage the others with different sauces to put back in the freezer. Since they haven't really thawed any, it is a safe way to do so). 

• Thanks 1

We like:

(In case you can't tell, we like bite sized chicken, lol, with strong flavors.)  We also have several soup/stews that we fall back on. 

• Thanks 1