Menu

What's with the ads?

Does anyone have suggestions of programs that offer a high school diploma that are still flexible and allow for homeschool of some subjects and also duel enrollment with a local college?

• Like 1

Since no one else has replied, could you elaborate on your question?  My homeschool offers my graduates a diploma that is completely valid even if not accredited.

Are you looking for an accredited diploma program with full enrollment?  If so, it might help people responding to know why and what you are looking for in a program.

• Like 3

I’m looking for flexible options on an accredited diploma. I know there have been many cases of an unaccredited homeschool diploma being successful, but I’m looking for an accredited one in this situation. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WahM said:

I’m looking for flexible options on an accredited diploma. I know there have been many cases of an unaccredited homeschool diploma being successful, but I’m looking for an accredited one in this situation. 

So, what you're looking for is an accredited distance-learning school in which to enroll your children. 🙂

Most distance-learning schools don't allow for much flexibility; Clonlara is one that does. There's another one, the name of which I cannot remember right now, but it has been mentioned here before so I'm sure someone else will chime in.

• Like 1

You can search herehttps://thebestschools.org/rankings/best-online-high-school-diploma-programs/   (FWIW, I wouldn't say many unaccredited homeschool diplomas are successful.  I would say the majority are.  There are situations where they are an issue. Cosmetoloty schools come to mind.) 

50 minutes ago, Zoo Keeper said:

NARHS is another option you could look into...https://www.narhs.com/

That's the one I was thinking of! It's probably the most flexible of all the distance-learning schools.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the suggestions!

2 hours ago, daijobu said:

What accrediting agency do you need approval from?  

None in particular and I’d prefer to stay away from the debate of accredited vs unaccredited. I’m just looking for suggestions from people who may have some.

I’m considering Abeka and Calvert, but would like to research more schools before we settle on one.

If you have a specific college to DE from, check their requirements.  

FWIW,  my kids have unaccredited classes, and no college cares 😉

• Like 1

Abeka is not very flexible. If they offer the subject, you have to use their materials.  At least, that's my understanding based on a fellow local homeschoolers experience.

Kolbe used to be more flexible, but I think that has changed in the last 5-8 years.