Menu

Repeat after me...

BlsdMama

"I, Kelly, choose to recognize that I throw things away, make color coded routines, and checklists, as a way to exert control over my environment.  Reinventing the wheel (or my curriculum) or donating 20% of everything I own in a frantic effort to make my environment submit, will in no way compensate for the fact that I have an alarming number of emotionally driven and loud-mouth people on my FB.  The solution is NOT cleaning or organizing.  The answer is in recognizing you cannot convince everyone and insulating oneself from triggers on social media."

Breathe.
Repeat.

• Like 12
  • Haha 6

Wow - just learned a new word! Now I know what to pray for help NOT doing...cause it's REALLY tempting. I keep TRYING to tell myself that such an impulse comes from the bad guy. But man....yeah. 

"To imprecate means “to invoke evil upon or curse” one’s enemies"

Also, my way of controlling things was to cut my own hair (badly), shape my eybrows (badly, and accidentally cut off some eyelashes), and shave down the border collie. Oh, and I made my son a doctor's appointment without his consent, and then had to deal with the fall out. 

• Haha 7

12 hours ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

I am the queen of color coded schedules.  I have an excel sheet that is pages and pages and pages of drafts of schedules that we were able to follow once or twice.  It's like I believe that if it's written down and color coded, the universe won't pull out the rug under me.  

You know you can get an app for that, right? Calendars5 puts everything into colors, unlimited colors. So you can make color code each person and their categories (school, social, private, etc.) and then tick which calendars (colors) appear on which people's devices. LOVE this app. https://readdle.com/calendars5

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 2:36 PM, cintinative said:

I'm with you. Hang in there. Is there a nice clean tv series you can watch or book you can read to help you relax?

I don't sit still well.  It's something I know I need to cultivate - the be still and read peacefully while sipping tea vs. angry cleaning.  I know this.  I think perhaps it's why God has finally just thrown up his hands and figured I might be better served with this disease than without it. :P 😉

• Sad 1

On 6/10/2020 at 6:42 PM, Ottakee said:

I regularly clean out Facebook friends and snooze people for 30 days 

So, then after... You never think, "I wonder what, um,  "challenging" thing they said today?" and then seek out that self inflicted punishment?  Wondering for a friend.

On 6/10/2020 at 2:53 PM, Ktgrok said:

Wow - just learned a new word! Now I know what to pray for help NOT doing...cause it's REALLY tempting. I keep TRYING to tell myself that such an impulse comes from the bad guy. But man....yeah. 

"To imprecate means “to invoke evil upon or curse” one’s enemies"

Also, my way of controlling things was to cut my own hair (badly), shape my eybrows (badly, and accidentally cut off some eyelashes), and shave down the border collie. Oh, and I made my son a doctor's appointment without his consent, and then had to deal with the fall out. 

Oh Katie!  I cut my bangs last week.  Now I can say that's not my fault too, LOL! 😉 They are WAY too short for me, sigh.  Then I decided since I failed to give the girls Covid cuts, and didn't want to miss the opportunity, cut three little girls hair.  (That went well, thankfully.) 

It's an interesting correlation - the feeling of paralyzed helplessness to influence others to think with some measure of thoughtfulness as weighed against the overwhelming need to then impose yourself willfully into the lives of every person in your household and inanimate objects and helpless animals.  

Woe to that bad cat when I catch him - tempted to attempt neutering all on my own.

6 minutes ago, BlsdMama said:

I don't sit still well.  It's something I know I need to cultivate - the be still and read peacefully while sipping tea vs. angry cleaning.  I know this.  I think perhaps it's why God has finally just thrown up his hands and figured I might be better served with this disease than without it. :P 😉

Aw shucks, here I thought it was just to get our dept of ed to allow tele services. :biggrin:

On 6/10/2020 at 6:04 PM, Arctic Mama said:

There’s a few of them in scripture for appropriately horrible evil, just saying 😇

LOl, sort of like that time the priest told me, after I confessed being angry about something more than I felt was okay, that righteous anger isn't a sin 🙂

My issue I've realized is that I simultaneously want to purge my house of everything because we are all home all the itme and it is too much to deal with, while also wanting to stock up on everything we may ever need because we are likely going to have another shut down here. And because shopping is frustrating as heck. 

So I need a totally decluttered minimalist compound capable of fully supporting us with no need for the outside world. 

Which is, as you might expect, not possible, and making me crazy. 

• Like 1