Menu

Anyone read The Fatburn Fix? What do you think about it?

math teacher

I'm almost finished with it, and I have mixed feelings. The first part of the plan is getting rid of hypoglycemia, which I do not have, but the author assumes everyone who is overweight has. Getting rid of unhealthy oils and eating plenty of good fats is a big part of the plan. However, I've never had anyone tell me to increase salt in my diet. The real weight loss portion comes from intermittent fasting. I am left feeling that there are not clear guidelines, and I really don't know what I am supposed to do to follow the plan. One part reads like "fasting" means waking hours. I always considered IF to include sleeping hours as well. 

Tell me your feelings on the book.

I haven't read that book, but I am familiar with intermittent fasting and lower carb/higher fat eating.

First, I assume you meant hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) rather than hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).

The increasing salt comment will be to do with a lower carb diet. Refined carbs hold onto salt in your body. When you reduce the carbs you need to increase salt so that you don't get electrolyte imbalance (sometimes known as keto flu).

The hours given for intermittent fasting refer to the time from your last food one day to your first food the next day. So if I eat only between 1pm and 7pm (which is my current norm) I have 6 eating hours and 18 fasting hours (often referred to as 18:6).

Sorry I can't comment on this book specifically, but hopefully that has explained a few things for you.

• Like 2