Menu

Welcome Back Kotter

fairfarmhand

I bought a boxes set of Welcome Back Kotter yesterday and my dd18 is bingeing on this show. 

I forgot how hilarious this show is. My goodness.

You gotta get past the ugly clothes (the LAPELS! MY WORD) but hilarious. 

So if you need a comedy to binge that's mostly clean (a little innuendo, a light swear everynow and then.) Watch Welcome Back Kotter.

(If you have smart alec teens, they'll probably like it. Mine do.)

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

Did you know that the show was a bit controversial in its time for its depiction of an integrated Classroom?

I did not know that. At the time I was attending  high school in the metro Atlanta, Georgia area and we were integrated.  I learned something today- thanks. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

I bought a boxes set of Welcome Back Kotter yesterday and my dd18 is bingeing on this show. 

I forgot how hilarious this show is. My goodness.

You gotta get past the ugly clothes (the LAPELS! MY WORD) but hilarious. 

So if you need a comedy to binge that's mostly clean (a little innuendo, a light swear everynow and then.) Watch Welcome Back Kotter.

(If you have smart alec teens, they'll probably like it. Mine do.)

the 70s was an ugly decade.  the décor, the clothes, the hair styles.  cringe.

gotta love "Epstein's Mother".

56 minutes ago, Selkie said:

That theme song takes me right back to being a little kid!

I wasn't that little . . . 

42 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

Did you know that the show was a bit controversial in its time for its depiction of an integrated Classroom?

I was in high school when this was on - we were integrated from elementary school.

7 minutes ago, Annie G said:

I did not know that. At the time I was attending  high school in the metro Atlanta, Georgia area and we were integrated.  I learned something today- thanks. 

I had integrated classrooms too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

I was reading up on that. Apparently the network in Boston did not run the first few episode due to tensions over bus/deseg issues.  They were concerned it would fuel the tensions, but the ratings nationwide said otherwise and they aired the show.  The other worry was if the antics of the Sweathogs would be criminal in nature or just goofy stuff that makes funny sit coms. no worry at all.

oh yes, juan epstein's mother.  I can remember my dad signing one of my report cards that year as "crystal's father" just to see if the teacher would notice.   LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, katilac said:

Don't leave us in suspense . . . 

well,  it was a boring ending to the story.  Teacher saw it was not my handwriting and just put in on the pile.  can't even figure out a way to tell that ending in a funny way.  boring ending. the suspense was funnier. 

3 hours ago, cbollin said:

well,  it was a boring ending to the story.  Teacher saw it was not my handwriting and just put in on the pile.  can't even figure out a way to tell that ending in a funny way.  boring ending. the suspense was funnier. 

I guess that teacher didn't watch the show!