Menu

help me think this through (COVID related)

caedmyn

Help me think this through. Somebody DH works with has had his daughter from out of state visiting the last 5 days. She just tested positive for covid. It’s extremely likely that she was exposed out of state (we have not have new cases in our area in weeks and have only had a few new cases in the entire state in the past few weeks).  The co-worker got tested today but doesn't have the results yet. I don't think he has any symptoms. He was at work all day today. I'm trying to figure out what the local heapth dept is likely to want to do with all the people who this guy worked with today, and how that will trickle down to me.

I assume that if he tests positive they will want all his co-workers from today to quarantine. I'm thinking if he tests negative nobody (but him obviously) will need to quarantine.

My main concern is that I have a thyroid biopsy scheduled for Monday and I want that to get done.  If DH comes home tonight, and his co-worker tests positive, am I likely to have to reschedule my biopsy because DH will have to quarantine?

I agree with different healthcare settings having different policies. My niece and SIL (who live together) both work in healthcare, but at different places. When my niece was quarantined due to exposure to a Covid positive patient, my SIL was allowed to continue to work and interact with patients. When my niece was in common rooms in their house she wore a mask. They actually live in one state and work in another. I think all of their directions came from their employers.

• Like 1

I would guess your biopsy will go ahead as scheduled, but I'm sure this varies by location as others said. 3 people tested positive for covid at my mom's work. Those 3 people had to quarantine even though only 1 of them had symptoms that were bad enough to keep them home. (Fwiw, the quarantines were 72 hr symptom free, not 14 days.) Nobody else in the office was asked to quarantine and none of them developed symptoms. Thankfully my mom has already been working from home since she is high risk.

• Like 1