Menu

Update in first post - Who has buzzed their own hair?

Laura Corin

3 hours ago, mumto2 said:

Your hair looks great!

I do kind of wonder about the no longer going to the hairdresser trend.  I suspect Dd has hired me for life....at least for the duration of long hair that can go months without a trim.  Ds loves the fact that I am a quicker, no time wasted, option.  I am free too! 😂. They both liked that.....

As for my hair, I am still waiting for bright morning sunlight with Dd availiable to assist.  We have had several days of rainy.

I started cutting ds19's hair several  years ago.  I charged, though  (sort of).  Haircuts were something that we paid for, so I took the money that was budgeted for his haircuts and moved it into my book fund.  :)  So every time I cut his hair, I got to buy myself another book.  It was a win/win for us both.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Junie said:

I started cutting ds19's hair several  years ago.  I charged, though  (sort of).  Haircuts were something that we paid for, so I took the money that was budgeted for his haircuts and moved it into my book fund.  🙂 So every time I cut his hair, I got to buy myself another book.  It was a win/win for us both.

There's a thought. I'm guessing that long term most women will go back to the hairdresser, and short term the hairdressers will be very busy with the backlog. So I probably shouldn't feel too guilty if I don't visit for a bit. Maybe once the clipper cost is covered, I'll set up a 'me' fund.

• Like 4

Just did mine. Ran into an issue on one side when I accidentally grabbed the regular scissors rather than the thinning shears. Oops. 

Also, attempted to shape my brows, and used an electric groomer tool thing. You can see on my left eye (on the right in the photo) I accidentally cut off some eyelashes when moving the tool toward my face. Gave up, lol. 

fullsizeoutput_2ef6.jpeg

Edited by Ktgrok
  • Like 3