Menu

Civil Rights Movement Course

It has been quite a long time since I've been on the forums and for some reason I am having a terrible time with the search feature. I was planning on putting together a 1 semester course on the Civil Rights Movement for my rising junior. I have not had any luck finding something already put together, but I thought I would check here to see if there are must include resources at least. 

If any of you know of something that has been put together previously, I am open to that as well.

Thanks!
Laura

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TN Mama said:

It has been quite a long time since I've been on the forums and for some reason I am having a terrible time with the search feature. I was planning on putting together a 1 semester course on the Civil Rights Movement for my rising junior. I have not had any luck finding something already put together, but I thought I would check here to see if there are must include resources at least. 

If any of you know of something that has been put together previously, I am open to that as well.

Thanks!
Laura

Are you looking at it from a historical perspective or a literature one or both?

Ah crap... I just had a bunch of stuff written and lost it.

Aside from a solid history spine (which should cover a good bit interwoven with the American story depending on its slant), you could add these:

• Color of Law
  • Political Process and the Development of Black Insurgency, 1930-1970
  • No Mexicans, Women, or Dogs Allowed
  • At the Dark End of the Street

Literature suggestions:

Check out the summer course being offered by a teacher at PA Homeschoolers. It looks great to me; I only wish DD didn’t already have a jam-packed summer or we’d enroll. Even if you’re not interested in an online class, it might give you some ideas for designing your own.

https://www.aphomeschoolers.com/cgi-bin/choose.pl?class=civilrights

Edited by fourisenough
Added a link
  • Thanks 1