Menu

Home school/ online education please help

Hi all, 

First Post and I am desperate for help! DS is 12 and currently in school but during this pandemic I truly feel he has been let down. He has aspergers and whilst academically is OK because he isn't the type to throw chairs etc he is slipping through the cracks. 

I already know my teaching skills are too limited to give him an excellent secondary education myself but we have been looking at online schools and I am now stuck. 

We are attending an online class tomorrow with Interhigh but I've had mixed reviews. 

There is a 3 day pass available to us with Cambridge Online Education we are looking at but there is also Wolsey Hall (they don't offer art courses though) and My Online School. I really need help here because I'm supposed to sit down with my husband tonight ahead of tomorrow's class and I'm swamped. 

Desperate for advice and experiences! 

Thanks 

• Like 1

OP there is a very recent thread here on W TM possibly in the past 15 days, begun by someone who was also looking for Middle School. I don't remember which forum that's in, but I remember posting comments there. Before you begin looking, please understand the differences between Asynchronous courses and Synchronous courses.   

On 6/2/2020 at 10:19 AM, Rosie_0801 said:

Welcome to the forum!

Advice and experiences for what? Online schools? 

Yes please, I've found 4 I am looking at but all I have are reviews to go on. We had our taster session this morning and DS loved it. 

If anyone has any specific schools they have experience with I would love to hear about them. 

Thanks 

9 hours ago, JellyTart said:

Yes please, I've found 4 I am looking at but all I have are reviews to go on. We had our taster session this morning and DS loved it. 

If anyone has any specific schools they have experience with I would love to hear about them. 

Thanks 

This is a homeschooling forum, so probably not the right place to seek reviews for online schools. Very few, if any, use them, I'm afraid.