Menu

Has anyone done Mosdos Press Literature?

Meadowlark

I'm looking at using this next year, but just can't find very many people who use it. Right now, we mostly use book guides from MP. I like doing a few of these every year, but also like the variation that I see in anthology type programs. I'd love to hear your experience if you've used it-to sway me one way or another. Also, if anyone has any to sell, please let me know. This is one expensive curriculum!

We've used it for a few years.   The workbook and teacher's guide are unnecessary, IMO.   We used the workbook and textbook the first year, just the textbook after that.  There is plenty of stuff in the textbook for a full year course.    It's very similar to the types of books used in public schools (which I always liked when I was in school) but the questions are better.  There are some real thought-provoking questions, some recall, some comprehension, some requiring deeper thinking, and some creative writing type assigments.

We are working though Opal now.  I started it at the tail end of grade 2 and we will finish it halfway through 3rd.  I really like it.  One of the stories is written by a white woman about a POC character so we did have to have a conversation about that and do extra reading.  The workbook is pretty good with varying types of pages for each story.  I like the teachers manual but only because I can hand that to his dad and make him teach, I wouldn't need it if I were the only teacher.  Its very similar to reading street or a similar public school program, if you dont need the workbook - reading street can be found cheap on ebay :)