Menu

Mormons - I need your help (easy question!)

shinyhappypeople

A man who is active in the Mormon church was inappropriate with a teenager.  It wasn't anything illegal, just stuff he said to the teen, but was still extremely concerning and suggests strongly he may be unsafe with kids/teens.  I'm not going to the police (again: nothing illegal, just pervy and gross) but I think his church should be made aware so that they can at least make sure he doesn't have access to young people within that context.  So, my question: who should I contact? Thank you.

Assuming this man is not a bishop, I would contact his bishop. If you know the man's address, type it into the meetinghouse locator https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/maps/meetinghouses/@33.927729,-117.209385,13  and it should bring up the ward he belongs to (you may need to select an option such as English speaking) when you click on the ward name, it should have the bishop's name and a phone number. 

Hope this helps and thank you for reporting your concern. I know I try to be vigilant about the leaders I allow my kids to be around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, amiesmom said:

Assuming this man is not a bishop, I would contact his bishop. If you know the man's address, type it into the meetinghouse locator https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/maps/meetinghouses/@33.927729,-117.209385,13  and it should bring up the ward he belongs to (you may need to select an option such as English speaking) when you click on the ward name, it should have the bishop's name and a phone number. 

Hope this helps and thank you for reporting your concern. I know I try to be vigilant about the leaders I allow my kids to be around. 

what she said.

IF he is a Bishop (sadly, it does happen, though thankfully not often.) - I would suggest reporting it to the Stake President over him, which you will also find in the above information.   

• Thanks 1