Menu

Foerster Algebra 1 how much review

We are finishing MM7 and looking at Foerster for algebra 1.  I'm worried about how few cumulative reviews there are.  Math Mammoth 1-7 has gone great for him, but he has always worked from 2 chapters simultaneously and done every problem of every cumulative review.  Can you tell me how much review is integrated into Foerster?

I am open to other ideas as well, but I feel like I've looked at most popular options alreadfy.  I know Jacobs has integrated review, but he didn't care for the style when I showed him some samples.  I am also considering CLE and supplementing with Foerster word problems.  I've looked at Smith and Dolciani as well, but I like the Foerster explanations best.  We don't want anything that requires videos or internet.  He prefers to read a good explanation and work independently.  I'm comfortable with high school math and don't need tons of teacher support, but an answer key would save me time.  I can live without fully worked solutions.

Edited by Syllieann

I will describe the best way that I have found to review regardless of text, though we do use Foerster.  As the year moves along, I write problems on index cards. I don't do word problems on the cards, just representative problems from each section-usually one problem per card. I put the solution and answer on the back. Recently I have color coded the answer side with a different colored dot for each chapter so that I can sort through them and reuse them for the next child.  Each day they start with 5-10 minutes of doing problems from the cards.  The get shuffled each time they start the deck over. 

• Like 2