Menu

online Math like AOPS but not it?

My kids are about ready for a Precalc online class and the AOPS format is pretty good, except it's just a little too intense for them.

Is there something with instructor guided live classes like AOPS, but not quite for competitive mathletes?

thanks for you help, as always!

Alan

14 minutes ago, Writerdaddy said:

My kids are about ready for a Precalc online class and the AOPS format is pretty good, except it's just a little too intense for them.

Is there something with instructor guided live classes like AOPS, but not quite for competitive mathletes?

thanks for you help, as always!

Alan

WTM Academy started offering an AoPS class with much better pacing and support that the ones from AoPS themselves one year after my dd was ready for it.  And then introduced a new level the year after she was ready for that one.  But if they'd started a year earlier, that would have been perfect!  Look to see if they're still doing it.  My dd loved AoPS but after Algebra,  I couldn't keep up and she wasn't that super-mathy enough to do it solo.  But she would have been fine with a good teacher.  The AoPS online classes were way too fast-paced.  The WTM classes seemed like the perfect middle-ground; I've always regretted they came just a bit to late for dd.

Thanks Matryoshka,

Sadly no WTM precalc classes this summer. And yes AoPS online is too fast paced for my kids.

Still looking for an alternative online class for Precalculus this summer which is run live like AoPS!

Edited by Writerdaddy

Veritas offers a live pre-calc class. I haven't used their live classes, but it might be a good one to look into: https://veritaspress.com/store/pre-calculus-live-online-course.html

@Matryoshka - thank you for the WTM academy recommendation. I was getting ready to sign DS up for AOPS Algebra 1 for next year but the late in the day times AOPS offers just don't work for him. WTM had a morning class that looks perfect - thanks!!