Menu

What's with the ads?

showelott

PSA: Fall registration for the SAT is open

3 minutes ago, showelott said:

The College Board just opened up registration for the fall SATs for the priority groups. Registration for everyone starts June 3.

https://blog.collegeboard.org/2020-sat-dates-need-to-know?excmpid=FB-ED-CB-1

1244344355_fallsat.JPG.d0c5c76d3a834a380e0e082e6a2199b8.JPG

What are the priority groups? Never mind. I read it, DD was included b/c her June SAT was canceled.

Edited by Sneezyone

Apparently, you can't register now b/c the volume is too high.

Edited by Sneezyone

Spent two hours refreshing to get the September SAT. Hoping to get subject tests in August.

1 hour ago, linders said:

Spent two hours refreshing to get the September SAT. Hoping to get subject tests in August.

did you get through? 

I knew I should have signed up for the June Subject test and just prayed it was cancelled like it was -- LOL.

Does anyone know if I sign up for the Nov subject test, would I maybe be able to move it to August on June 3rd if there are available seats?  Don't want to miss the Nov test if that is our only option.

50 minutes ago, mlktwins said:

Does anyone know if I sign up for the Nov subject test, would I maybe be able to move it to August on June 3rd if there are available seats?  Don't want to miss the Nov test if that is our only option.

Fo you have an answer to this? I am also curious

26 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Fo you have an answer to this? I am also curious

Not yet :-(.  I'm going to register for November so we hopefully have a spot and then will contact them to see what they say.  Also, will just try to move it to an earlier day on June 3rd.  I'll let you know if/when I get an answer.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mlktwins said:

Not yet :-(.  I'm going to register for November so we hopefully have a spot and then will contact them to see what they say.  Also, will just try to move it to an earlier day on June 3rd.  I'll let you know if/when I get an answer.

I was also under false impression that August would be open for priority registration, but it wasn’t. I think I will pay for a change in date if we can get a spot in August.   

• Like 1

CollegeBoard post on Facebook 

“Given the spring administrations lost to coronavirus, we are seeing very high interest in students wanting to register for the SAT. As a result, there is a greater volume than usual of students trying to register. Students can expect interruptions and delays online today. 

We thank students for their patience. As we work to quickly resolve these issues, Customer Service will be unable to solve individual registration issues. Instead of calling, we recommend keeping an eye on our social media accounts for updates and trying to register again once we share that our site is available.”

I'm about to lose my shit with these people. DD's June test was cancelled so I, obv., want to reschedule. This way, I can have a better idea where to focus her college search and, honestly, DD likes getting the glossy college junk mail. I've been on hold for 2.5 hours because the system doesn't recognize her as a 'priority' even tho her test was cancelled in June. How many other people are waiting for the same reason? I can get online just fine but hit a roadblock due to this 'priority' thing when she clearly meets the criteria they set forth.

Edited by Sneezyone

Also, is anyone else seeing that it's asking for a payment when the original payment was not, at least I don't think, refunded? AAAND, the November test is more expensive too. ETA: Lord have mercy! Thanks to a comment from a parent on Facebook, I went in to her old test administration ticket and had to click on "Change the Test Date" not start a new request. When I did that, all was well, new test confirmed, no fees required. Sheesh. Did I miss something in the original instructions that explained that?

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 1

I saw you solved it. 🙂 I was coming to suggest the same thing. We had a same issue.

the instructions were in the email. I had to go fish out the email to figure that out. 

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I saw you solved it. 🙂 I was coming to suggest the same thing. We had a same issue.

the instructions were in the email. I had to go fish out the email to figure that out. 

I never even got an email tho. ETA: It probably went to DD. SMH. Unless it was the one from back in March/April when they canceled?

Edited by Sneezyone

Just now, Sneezyone said:

I never even got an email tho.

I found it in my son’s junk folder. I have tried to say “not junk” in CB emails couple of times, but they kept being routed (not consistently) into junk. 
I thought I was losing my mind last night with the same issues, so went digging through and here it was! 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I found it in my son’s junk folder. I have tried to say “not junk” in CB emails couple of times, but they kept being routed (not consistently) into junk. 
I thought I was losing my mind last night with the same issues, so went digging through and here it was! 

It's probably there, then. I was so stinking annoyed!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

did you get through? 

Yes, after almost 3 hours. Signed up for Sept SAT, because he is hoping to do subject test in August (not offered in Sept). But you could only do one sign up as a priority person, have to wait until June 3 to try for August.

19 minutes ago, linders said:

Yes, after almost 3 hours. Signed up for Sept SAT, because he is hoping to do subject test in August (not offered in Sept). But you could only do one sign up as a priority person, have to wait until June 3 to try for August.

yes, that’s almost our situation. We didn’t get an option for August at all. October or later. Then I went online and now I see they are prioritizing rising seniors for the August date. I am hoping they will add more dates. 😞 

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Sad 1

I have decided to call them to see why August isn’t an option for us since a second reading of their priority puts us in that list. So I have my coffee, my yoga pants, a fully charged phone, and I am ready to dance for the next two hours to their stupid waiting music. 

• Haha 1

I want a picture!

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

So I have my coffee, my yoga pants, a fully charged phone, and I am ready to dance for the next two hours to their stupid waiting music. 

I'm picturing @SparklyUnicorn's dancing bacon holding a cup of coffee.

Meanwhile, DD's ACT account still lists the June date as a go except the email that came today says it is cancelled.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, RootAnn said:

I want a picture!

I'm picturing @SparklyUnicorn's dancing bacon holding a cup of coffee.

Meanwhile, DD's ACT account still lists the June date as a go except the email that came today says it is cancelled.

It worked. They tried to get rid of me (oh, the system is down, oh, you must pay, oh, call back on Monday). I refused to give up. I offered money, to stay on the phone indefinitely, anything but not to have me call back... eventually they figured out I was crazy, so we now have an August date 🕺. I was nice and apologetic and offered to pay any penalty they wished to impose on me. People must be calling and yelling at them, because they took pity on me and didn’t even charge anything. Apparently it was a technical hiccup on my end. My kids are floored. They were betting on how long I was going to wait in the line and none had faith in my perseverance. 
Now what do you think are the odds of actually having a test in August?

• Like 2

Well....we were just trying to schedule a subject test but, after an hour on-line at 8 pm last night (we were not priority), I managed to get 2 spots for the August exam.  I did not get the school 3 miles from me, or 15 minutes from me, or the one about 25 minutes from me.  But...I got a spot (about 40 minutes away).  Now...to see if it actually happens.  

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 6:11 AM, mlktwins said:

Well....we were just trying to schedule a subject test but, after an hour on-line at 8 pm last night (we were not priority), I managed to get 2 spots for the August exam.  I did not get the school 3 miles from me, or 15 minutes from me, or the one about 25 minutes from me.  But...I got a spot (about 40 minutes away).  Now...to see if it actually happens.  

@Roadrunner

No testing centers within 75miles for SAT in August, September.  about 64miles away for October (Tracy, Vallejo, Brentwood) 

We managed to get a slot for November in a public school that is 7miles away for DS15. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arcadia said:

@Roadrunner

No testing centers within 75miles for SAT in August, September.  about 64miles away for October (Tracy, Vallejo, Brentwood) 

We managed to get a slot for November in a public school that is 7miles away for DS15. 

7 miles away? Not bad. 😜

We are rural, so the closest to us is 45 minutes away. 

my friend is driving her DD 5 hours away! It’s crazy. She will be a senior though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

7 miles away? Not bad. 😜

San Jose 😂 There are no SAT or ACT testing centers in my city.

We’ll see how it goes in August when the school districts in San Jose restart their schools starting from 12th August.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

San Jose 😂 There are no SAT or ACT testing centers in my city.

We’ll see how it goes in August when the school districts in San Jose restart their schools starting from 12th August.

Is that official? They are starting in person?

Local CC announced they will be online in the Fall. I expect PS will also be online. 

2 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Is that official? They are starting in person?

Local CC announced they will be online in the Fall. I expect PS will also be online. 

Nope. Not official. So if they don’t go back to school on August 12th, then we kind of know the November date would be in jeopardy too.

All the South Bay and East Bay schools that are the usual testing centers show up as unavailable versus full though for August, September and October so they may not be hosting versus they have no vacancies left. 

• Like 1