Menu

When to Take Math 2 SAT Subject Test

My son finished pre-cal this year, and my original intent was to have him do the Math 2 SAT Subject Test in June. Obviously that didn't happen, so we stopped preparing for it. He will do calculus starting in the fall. Should I have him prepare for Math 2 test over the summer and test in August or October or wait until he completes Calculus? On the practices we were doing, the questions he was missing were Geometry with a little bit of Algebra 2 thrown in, so I feel like he needs to hit Khan Academy hard and take the test early in the fall but would love second opinions!

8 minutes ago, regentrude said:

There is no calculus on the Math 2 SAT, so I would aim for earlier rather than later. Waiting until calculus completion will not improve anything.

That's what I thought, but I couldn't remember and all our test prep stuff is packed up as we are currently moving. Thanks!

Pick August. Calculus is not needed. I won’t wait until October in case of 2nd wave closures. I would want to aim for August. Besides it’s a nice test date because homework for Fall hasn’t come in yet 🙂 and kids are generally well rested from summer.

2 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Pick August. Calculus is not needed. I won’t wait until October in case of 2nd wave closures. I would want to aim for August. Besides it’s a nice test date because homework for Fall hasn’t come in yet 🙂 and kids are generally well rested from summer.

Good thoughts!