Menu

What’s this called on course description?

First year homeschooling high school almost finished! So that leads to this question...I’m working on writing up all of the courses ds has completed this year and don’t know what to call this one. It was a paid, outsourced, once a week 2-hr lecture for biology. Labs and lectures were completed in class; reading, studying, and lab book were completed at home. It was a paid class and I did nothing, so not a co-op.  How do I word this? 

You could probably just copy-paste the online course provider's description. Or, unless it was a Biology course that was unusual in scope or rigor, you could just keep it short and sweet, if it was a pretty standard high school Biology course:

Biology
- instructor: Teacher Name
- online course provider: XYZ Online Provider
Course covered the usual scope of high school Biology, including the topics of: Ecology, Cells, Genetics, Evolution .... and used the high school [or college] textbook of "Name of Textbook". Course was completed through a combination of online lectures and labs, plus at-home readings and lab book.

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 1

She has a really good course description, so I have that covered. But I don’t know what to say as to what the course is because it wasn’t online. It was in-person. But not a co-op because there was no co-op aspect. I paid; he went. 😁 Do I call it a tutorial? Outsourced live class? In person class? 2-hour weekly live course? I don’t know...none sound correct!