Menu

Antibody testing question

Joker

I've seen people here discuss the Abbott antibody test several times and I think some have mentioned it is FDA approved. I'm supposed to have it done soon and I looked up the lab. The fact sheet is for the Abbott antibody test but under FAQ's it says not FDA approved but it was given emergency authorization. 

Is this a different Abbott test or are people saying FDA approved but meaning the emergency approval? I just want to make sure I get one that is considered accurate. 

25 minutes ago, kand said:

How did you track it down? And did your doctor require any indication for you to need to know if you had antibodies? I don’t know that my doctor would order it unless there was a reason I had to know.

Healthlabs.com. You order it through them and they send it to a local lab. I called and confirmed that it is definitely the Abbott Architect test. I didn't speak with a doctor.

I'm with Kaiser and they're not doing any antibody testing yet, so I didn't even bother trying to go through them.