Menu

making decisions about vacation with COVID

cintinative

https://www.inverse.com/science/coronavirus-found-in-semen-of-young-men-with-covid-19

7 minutes ago, MissLemon said:

There are a lot of viruses that show up in body fluids.  Some are transmitted sexually, others are not.  Apparently, chicken pox is present in semen for a time, but it's not an STD. So it's still too early to say whether this is a potential route for infection.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5652425/

I wrote “I don’t think we know enough yet” which is essentially same as “it’s too early to say”.  

Though I guess maybe I am urging caution till we know it is not transmissible sexually, and you are preferring assume it isn’t till proved it is?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Pen said:

https://www.inverse.com/science/coronavirus-found-in-semen-of-young-men-with-covid-19

I wrote “I don’t think we know enough yet” which is essentially same as “it’s too early to say”.  

Though I guess maybe I am urging caution till we know it is not transmissible sexually, and you are preferring assume it isn’t till proved it is?

I have no preference either way...?  I was merely offering up what I thought was an interesting link. I had no idea the number of viruses that are present in semen after an illness, and I'd guess many people don't either. It's not a criticism of anything you wrote. 

I seem to be very out of sync with the board dynamic today, because this is the 3rd time I've said something that I thought was neutral and it's being received differently than I intend it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MissLemon said:

I have no preference either way...?  I was merely offering up what I thought was an interesting link. I had no idea the number of viruses that are present in semen after an illness, and I'd guess many people don't either. It's not a criticism of anything you wrote. 

I seem to be very out of sync with the board dynamic today, because this is the 3rd time I've said something that I thought was neutral and it's being received differently than I intend it. 

FWIW, I read your post as said neutrally, just another data point. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MissLemon said:

I guess I thought you were disagreeing, but rereading what you wrote it doesn’t say there’s a disagreement.

I may have had disagreement feeling from the Hydroxychloroquine thread and wrongly carried it over emotionally . 

• Like 1