Menu

Has anyone used Great Course American history and/or Easy Peasy All in One High School American history? Reviews?

I am researching for a one year 10th grade US history. I checked out Easy Peasy high school American history. Unfortunately it takes two years. It looks good in that the lesson is all there and easy to read and finish, every day with a short, detailed plan. 

Another option I am considering is having ds listen to the Great Course 84 American history lectures, but I don't know what to do with discussion or worksheets or evaluation. 

Please share your thoughts if you have experience with these two or a good one year US history course you have used. Thanks! 

Edited by JadeOrchidSong

We used the Great Courses plus additional reading for 10th grade American History. We watched the lectures together and read the books and discussed them, and for formal "output," I had DS choose 10 discussion questions from the Great Courses Guidebook (2 questions for each of 5 time periods) and write a short essay, which I used as the basis for his grade. He learned much more, in much greater depth, than he would have from any HS-level text, and instead of wasting time on busywork assignments, he learned to write strong, concise essays in response to specific questions, which (IMHO) is one of the most important skills for college.

Edited by Corraleno
  • Like 4