Menu

Recs on indoor shoes for summer 😊

mlktwins

In August, I finally bought some wonderful Crocs (I tried on a bunch) to wear in my house.  We don't wear outside shoes inside.  They helped my feet tremendously.  I have all tile and hardwood on the first floor, and tile bathrooms and hardwood bedrooms on the 2nd floor.  Now that it is gettting hot out, I need some indoor shoes, flip flops, etc. that I can wear without socks.  Any recommendations?  I’ve seen some Sketchers flip flops that look nice.  I’m not going to any stores so will need to buy on-line.

Have you looked on amazon? Now that you know your size and that they fit your feet well, you could probably find a new pair. Amazon usually has free returns on shoes, so you can buy five and return 4 if you want. It looks like they have crocs flip flops. I don't where them, but maybe I should, haha. Instead I go barefoot all day (with all hard surface flooring like you) and my feet are a mess. I have flip flops with good arch supports, but I use them going to/from the gym because they were really expensive. They're also not very *comfy*. I'm looking at these $25 Crocs Kadee and thinking they're probably more cushee. https://www.amazon.com/Crocs-Womens-Floral-Casual-Paisley/dp/B07TBMXNR2/ref=sr_1_28?dchild=1&keywords=crocs+size+10+women&qid=1589803507&sr=8-28 But yeah, they have flips, slipson, sandals with less material, whatever you want. https://www.amazon.com/Crocs-Womens-Swiftwater-Sandal-Black/dp/B01H6ZQV86/ref=sr_1_25?dchild=1&keywords=crocs+size+10+women&qid=1589803507&sr=8-25

• Like 1

I'll be the odd person out who really, really doesn't like Crocs. They just don't fit my feet right and aren't comfortable. It might be worth knowing I have very large, very wide feet, and also need good arch support.

That being said, I've also recently been on the search for pretty much all new shoes due to the needing arch support. I tried a pair of Merrell flip flops. They have good arch support, but just aren't that comfy. The straps are kind of scratchy. I then tried a pair of Clarks. They don't have quite so much arch support, but are so, so, so comfy! The cloudsteppers (I think that's what they call it) foot cushion is fabulous! So that's what I've been wearing around the house. 

FWIW, if you go with Clarks, I went with my normal shoe size. I almost wish I'd gone up a half size, solely because my feet are so wide. 

Someday, I'd like to try a pair of Skechers flip flops, because I have a pair of their athletic shoes that I like and maybe even a pair of Vionics, just to compare to the Clarks. 

• Like 1

Thank you so far!  Yes, I might try the Crocs flip flops, especially with the free returns from Amazon.  My Crocs have the lining in them and I have to wear socks or things get stinky -- LOL.  I have Crocs and Clarks flip flops that I've worn outside.  I know that after wearing them for 6 hours on a concrete pool deck for swim meets, those are ok, but not as good as the Crocs I have on my feet at the moment :-).  I will look at others though and I'll look at those Skechers too.  

My feet are narrow and I've always had trouble finding shoes with narrower widths.  I love my Skechers tennis shoes.

I was also going to recommend the crocs kadee flip! My mil also loves the crocs swift water and has several pairs she wears around the house. I think you should pick a few pairs with free returns from Zappos or amazon and try them all. Then report back. 🙂 

eta: just read your post above mine. In that case, I think you should try these too. They get rave reviews everywhere!

https://www.zappos.com/p/skechers-reggae-zig-swag-burgundy-pink/product/8659957/color/12914

Edited by mmasc
Add info
  • Like 1

I like these - the bottoms look like the bottoms of my boys' awesome Crocs - but really don't want the fancy metallic around my house (LOL).

Deleted link as it was not anything to do with shoes -- LOL.

Edited by mlktwins

These are pricy and I normally wear them outside, but they'd work as indoor shoes too because they're so comfy and work for warm weather.  Also, I wear mine almost every day from May - August and often walk miles in them, and they've so far lasted me over 4 years...and still going strong, so they're a good quality!  

I have narrow feet too and these come in narrow.

https://www.sasshoes.com/womens-cozy-slide-sandal/206001340100.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw5Ij2BRBdEiwA0Frc9SmZyvHUnA-rxXm8nRRuMfqPQk-nbn_1TdmZtaBRHnrIzM8Iip8xKxoCysYQAvD_BwE

On 5/18/2020 at 8:47 AM, mmasc said:

I was also going to recommend the crocs kadee flip! My mil also loves the crocs swift water and has several pairs she wears around the house. I think you should pick a few pairs with free returns from Zappos or amazon and try them all. Then report back. 🙂 

eta: just read your post above mine. In that case, I think you should try these too. They get rave reviews everywhere!

https://www.zappos.com/p/skechers-reggae-zig-swag-burgundy-pink/product/8659957/color/12914

I have two pairs of those Skechers sandals and like them a lot. 

(OP -- I'm a huge crocs fan so I'd say try other crocs variations. Maybe the flip flops with thick massage-y soles, not the thin-soled, fashion flip flops. They are not as comfy.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mmasc said:

@mlktwinsWell, have you tried/ordered any yet? 😁

Not yet, but I will 😁!!!  I'm still looking.  And...we had like two 80 degree days and it's been back to very cold again.  I'm still in my thick socks and Crocs -- LOL!!!  I will get on it though and will post what I'm trying! 

• Like 1

See, I think I must be weird because I *can’t* wear the thicker soled flip flops—of any brand! I tried Fit Flops one year and just couldn’t get over the height. I really prefer the flatter flip flops. Not flat/shapeless like Old Navy flops, but thin and contoured, like the Crocs Kadee or similar. I’d really love a pair of OluKai, but without half sizes the arch support hits me in the wrong place on the size smaller and larger. I like the profile of Okibashi too, but they’re too heavy. I think I’m flip flop picky 😂

Update 🙂 !!!!  I ordered 3 pairs of flip flops from Amazon this morning.  2 Skechers and 1 Clarks.  I was going to order a pair of Crocs flip flops that are like my boys closed toe Crocs (they have outgrown them and fit me now and I love them), but they didn't have my size.  I will try these 3 and try the Crocs next time if needed.  

Will post what I bought and what I think when I get them.  It's in the 80's now and way to hot to be wearing my sexy socks and Crocs around the house -- LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sallie Mae said:

I stubbed my toe in my Oofos clogs yesterday also. I thought to myself, "Well, that would have been a broken toe if I wasn't wearing these." I know. I've broken my toe that way before. I may just stay with my Oofos clogs. 🙂 

Until my teen stops leaving black colored easy to miss hand weight dumbbells here and there maybe I better stick with closed toes.   Neon pink luminescent weights would be nice too. Imo. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, mmasc said:

Good luck! 

When I get on my PC in a bit, I’ll post links to what I ordered.  So far, one pair of Skechers hurt between my toes,  another pair of Skechers fit great, but not sure enough squisy or support, and the Clarks feel great, but too small - even thiugh I ordered the same size as my current outdoor Clarks..

This morning I ordered the Clarks one size bigger and also a slide version of the same sandal, and 2 pairs of Crocs that I couldn’t get on Amazon the other day.  I got the Crocs in 2 sizes.

of all of these, I will be picking 1 or 2 of pairs to keep.

I have to say I was on my feet all day yesterday at my kitchen island, on the hard tile, cutting fabric for more masks.  Even my comfy Crocs didn’t help with that.  Hurting today.

I do know it felt good to try on the flip flops as my feet are tired of sock and closed shoes in this heat LOL.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

OP again -- LOL  Here is what I've ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VT4ZKBK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Loved the cushy bottom of these, but the it hurt between my toes and was a little loose for my narrow foot.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VQ4QD1N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 These are a maybe.  Fit great and don't hurt between my toes.  Not sure they have enough support on the bottom (the ones above were better).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G36XLQE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 These were too small (even though my other Clarks are a 7).  Felt like great support and the between my toes was very comfortable.  I've ordered one size larger.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074PR7MKY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I'm going to try these in an 8.  They are Clarks Arla also, but nothing between the toes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CN7T3RV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I ordered these in 2 sizes.  My boys closed toe Crocs are these and they are so comfy.  I have high hopes for them.  I didn't order them the first time because I couldn't find my size in any color.

• Thanks 2

Thank you for the update! I hope you find a pair or two that you really like! I just bought a new pair of ‘house’ shoes and they are not even close to *anything* I’d normally wear or my style at all, but they were super comfortable so I’m going to give them a shot. 

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/nike-womens-offcourt-sport-slides#repChildCatid=7440634

I really don’t like slides and love, love flip flops, but these felt good on and didn’t slide around on my foot when I initially tried them on. I haven’t worn them yet, so fingers crossed! (I mention them since you said that one pair hurt between your toes)

Thanks for the reviews! Those Clarks slides look really promising, and the crocs. I’ve tried on millions of crocs, but never those. I’ll be curious how they feel. I tried on the clarks you need a larger size for, but they didn’t work for me (can’t remember why though!) 

Edited by mmasc

I wear Haflinger slippers with the soft/wool sole. We don't wear shoes in our house, but I need arch support and these have that. I don't like flip flop style shoes. Also, they don't make any noise when walking because of the sole, so that was an added bonus for me.

I don't find them particularly warm, and I've read that some people put them in the washing machine, though I haven't tried that yet.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 8:14 AM, CAJinBE said:

Birkenstocks work for me.

And all of Germany! (At least in the 1990s.) 🙂

I wear felt cork-soled slide ons in the winter and generally leather cork-soled sandals in the summer. Each pair is expensive, but lasts about five years.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

Love looking at all the shoes!

I bought these Crocs but they didn't work for me. The top strap was way too loose, and my heel slid off when I walked. For shame because they were a really good price. 

These are my MIL’s favorite summer shoe and they feel good on my foot, but I just can’t seem to put my finger on why they don’t work for me. I think because the 7 is a tad short and the 8 swallows my foot. Nonetheless, I almost bought a pair yesterday and have been looking at them again today—before I even saw your post!

I don’t know if any of you like vionics (too much arch support for my flat foot), but I saw online at Dillard’s has a bunch marked down. I’d love to get a pair of the flops with the bow, but I know they’d make my arch hurt. They’re only $44 right now! (You better know your size though bc I don’t think Dillard’s does returns on permanently reduced merchandise.)

3 hours ago, mmasc said:

These are my MIL’s favorite summer shoe and they feel good on my foot, but I just can’t seem to put my finger on why they don’t work for me. I think because the 7 is a tad short and the 8 swallows my foot. Nonetheless, I almost bought a pair yesterday and have been looking at them again today—before I even saw your post!

Supposedly Crocs shrink in heat, like oven shrinkable plastic craft stuff, and some people between sizes apparently deliberately buy the size up and then shrink them down to fit. 

🤷‍♀️

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2020 at 8:28 AM, Pen said:

Until my teen stops leaving black colored easy to miss hand weight dumbbells here and there maybe I better stick with closed toes.   Neon pink luminescent weights would be nice too. Imo. 

Put a stripe of reflective tape on them.

• Like 1

I know with everything going on in this crazy world at the moment, indoor shoes are not high on the list of important things.  But...my brain just can't take anymore yucky stuff tonight so I'll offer an update on the shoes -- LOL.

These came today in a size 8.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G36XLQE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . So far, these are the winner.  Perfect fit and so comfortable.

Tomorrow I will have the slides in the Clarks and the 2 sizes of the Crocs.  I'm hoping the Crocs work too.  If they do, I'll probably keep one of the Clarks and the Crocs.  

My feet will be so happy.  I haven't worn any shoes today and I'm paying for it!!!

P.S.  I really miss being able to just go try on shoes!!!

• Thanks 1

And the winner is.....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074PWSZB4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

They feel great, are nice and snug with my narrow foot, and I like not having something between my toes.

I think the Crocs are my 2nd keeper, but am going to try those again later today, along with the Skecher I like, and decide.

Then....to return all the ones I'm not keeping -- LOL!!!

Thanks so much for all the input!

• Like 2