Menu

Accountability Thread 5/17-5/23

Morning, Accountables! Closing in on the end of May. We school during the summer (it's always so hot here, why not?) but still, I'm looking forward to about three weeks off just to take a good break. We just took one week off, but that was sort of unplanned. But I'm thinking second week of June to fourth of July or something like that. 

Today's goals:

House: cat boxes, laundry, dishes, maybe plant a few more tomatoes and peppers

School: schedules, and plan out that break as to what I want to add for summer term if anything. Probably do want to add more reading and writing.

Cooking: chicken and rice, broccoli, lemon cake

Writing: 2,000 words in my draft, keep up with my writing cabin, get the data entered into our cabin spreadsheet, Beta reading and notes for one person, second pass read for the second and notes. 

Reading: Finishing one book today. I really needed to work on my stack, but there were books available with Libby that I wanted to read. So here we are again with probably four books getting read at the same time. I've read more this last six months than the previous six months, but it's not because I had nothing to do! 

• Like 2

Morning! It's a sunny one. I expect the grass will be ten feet tall by the weekend.

Today's goals: 

House: cat boxes, dishes, laundry, bed, bath, linens

School: regular. I think we are going to finish up this particular math unit and then take our summer break (three weeks off)

Cooking: grilling hamburgers

Writing: 2000 words in my draft, Beta reading, start working on CP notes for a friend (she's done with mine which makes me feel guilty I don't have hers done yet, but I needed to think first), keep up with cabin stuff, start sketches on two covers (one's for me, one for my son), personal reading.

• Like 2

Afternoon!  Sporadically sunny here. 

We're having a light week here, with me planning and all of us working to have lots of joy. 

School today: reading, math, composition, dabble our toes in memory work.

House: vacuumed all of it, DH shopped & we decontaminated the food stuff; laundry, boys' rooms, general picking up, FlyLady stuff.

Other: RPG tonight.  We ended up motivating a change of game, so I need to work on my character. 

ETA: also, I have Grand Goals of the Week.  1: incorporate Bible, literature, Shakespeare & poetry mem. whilst staying strong in art, music & American art history.  2: on big art paper, sketch out a pipeline from grammar to logic WTM (for younger) and from logic to rhetoric (for elder) as the basis of summer plans. 

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

Morning! Very sunny here again today.

House: laundry, cat boxes, dishes

School: usual

Cooking: leftovers, prep for smoking a brisket tomorrow

Writing: 2000 words in draft, Beta reading, personal reading, process query feedback and play with my letter some more, work on pitches for June. Not too much doing today.

• Like 1

Tuesday is here!  sort of whacked me in the head, feels like.  Ah well, into the fray ...

1. school: art, piano, math & composition, languages, music history, American art history "bingo" + make sure younger has completed lesson.  Poetry memorization review.
  2. house: FlyLady stuff, daily work, outside 15". 
  3. RPG work: e-mail group + DM with critique.  Draft brief summary?  and begin work on new campaign.  Narrow down the system; the style; brainstorm a few ideas for entry point + merging with my larger universe; register for weekend workshop (free!) + check with DH for help with boys those days.
  4. Focus: joy, grace and beauty.
  • Like 1

Morning! Yesterday was spent mostly without electricity. So today I need to do things.

Goals: 

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes. 

School: usual

Cooking: smoked brisket, probably a blueberry cobbler

Writing: 2000 words in my draft, Beta reading, personal reading

Extra: CE on bees this afternoon. 

• Like 1