Menu

Oh, shoot. Health insurance??

easypeasy

Dd graduates this month. What happens to her health care coverage? Right now she is insured through DH's job (well, we pay for it, but ykwim). 

She just finished her undergrad. She is 22 years old. Will not be going back to school anytime soon. No job on the immediate horizon while we wait out COVID. 

The "plan" was that she'd be employed by fall in a healthy world, so I hadn't given it a second thought. Sure don't want her uninsured during a pandemic, though!!!

I don't know where to start to figure this out, so I came here! 😊

15 hours ago, easypeasy said:

ThaNk you @Barb!!!! For some reason, I'd thought that age had been recently changed to younger. Thank goodness it hasn't been!! We have some breathing room!!!

I am SO glad I don't have to deal with that right now. 

She is eligible but there may be specific steps you need to take to continue coverage and it may cost more. I'd call directly to inquire.

When my oldest graduated in 2017, it was an additional ~$350 a month for continuing coverage (which we did for a few months until her wedding.) There will be additional costs for my current college senior-almost graduate shortly 🙂