Menu

Mental Floss fans, what other magazines do you subscribe to?

That's my favorite magazine and my kids love it, too.

What about Utne Reader? The articles are longer but they are excellent and thought-provoking.

I don't know of any other magazine that has short, colorful snippets like Mental_Floss. It's the best.

Hmm, I haven't read the Utne Reader in quite a while. I am a Mental Floss fan, but I was really thinking of something for my niece who absolutely devours it. I'm not sure that she's quite up for Utne at this point.

Thanks for the suggestion! Anybody else care to suggest something??

Regards,

Kareni

BBC magazines now has a publication called Knowledge. It's full of interesting historical snippets about all kinds of subjects. They've only published 2 issues so far and we have them both. They might have way you can see an issue online, but I don't have a link.

BBC magazines now has a publication called Knowledge. It's full of interesting historical snippets about all kinds of subjects.

I hadn't heard of Knowledge, Pam. It does sound intriguing. Thanks for the idea.

I'd still welcome more input from others ....

Regards,

Kareni

I also like Bookmarks Magazine -- http://www.bookmarksmagazine.com/

It is a wonderful collection of various reviews, with "reviews" and articles on classic authors as well.

Smithsonian

National Geographic

Utne Reader is always great as well ... http://www.utne.com/reader.aspx lots of thought provoking articles from alternative press magazines.

For history buffs, I love BBC History magazine. Not deep, but lots of short articles kind of like Mental Floss, and so fun to browse each month. http://www.bbchistorymagazine.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1

I do love magazines!

Ooh, I do have to admit to being a Bookmarks fan myself! And I see BBC has other magazines I should investigate. Thank you, Kay.

Janet, I'll take a look at Wired; thanks for the suggestion. I don't think they are a very techy family though.

Other ideas still welcome!

Regards,

Kareni

I like Scientific American Mind. Interesting articles on the human brain and how it works. Recent issues included articles on creativity which caught my eye.

Hmm, I hadn't known of this magazine. I'll try to see an issue at the bookstore.

Thanks for the suggestion, Happy!

Regards,

Kareni