Menu

Can someone help me with Paypal (as a seller)?

Meadowlark

Hi,
It's been awhile since I've sold anything on Paypal, and I have a question.

I just sold a few things, and got an email that the buyer paid. However, the money is listed in my account as "pending" even though it's been several days. It has a button to "verify" or decline the payment, which I don't ever remember doing in the past. I do have a credit card linked and I usually just keep the money I make in my Paypal account, which is what I want to do this time. But my account says I have a zero balance, even though 2 people have paid. What am I missing? Did the money get transferred to my credit card? (I can't look because I don't have online access).  How can I get those monies to be in my PP account? I do NOT want to link bank information, which is what they're asking me to do to verify. Thanks so much.

• Like 1

I feel the same way about linking my main bank account to my PayPal account. I got around it by opening a second checking account that I use only for PayPal. That way, I can get my money, and PayPal doesn't have any access to my other bank accounts.  I keep the money in that account so that I have it when I wish to make a PayPal purchase, though I can easily transfer it to one of my other bank accounts if I need it.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, WendyAndMilo said:

What do you mean? Is it different for business accounts, which I have? I keep money in my PayPal account and then use my PayPal debit card to use it, just like I would normally use my checking account/bank card.

Well, I don't have a business account so I can't speak to that. I don't have a PayPal debit card, either.  But previously, money I'd made from selling an item would be waiting in my PayPal account, and when I paid for something via PayPal, it would automatically be pulled from that amount. Now, when I sell something, I have to do something to get that money (accept it, transfer it to my bank, etc). 

ETA: found this PayPal article: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/policy-updates-and-user-agreement-changes-to-personal-paypal-accounts-faq3996

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

Well, I don't have a business account so I can't speak to that. I don't have a PayPal debit card, either.  But previously, money I'd made from selling an item would be waiting in my PayPal account, and when I paid for something via PayPal, it would automatically be pulled from that amount. Now, when I sell something, I have to do something to get that money (accept it, transfer it to my bank, etc). 

ETA: found this PayPal article: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/policy-updates-and-user-agreement-changes-to-personal-paypal-accounts-faq3996

I'm confused about this...  I use PayPal maybe a dozen times a year.  I sold something on eBay a couple weeks ago, and the money went directly to my PayPal account and just sat there.  I used some of it to pay for something yesterday.  The rest is still sitting in my PayPal account which I plan to transfer to my bank account eventually, but I haven't yet.

ETA:  Actually, I just read your link, and I must have already linked my PayPal account to a personal account.  I remember following some steps to do something (!) some months back.

Edited by J-rap
  • Like 1