Menu

Summer things

Well we just found out the summer camp we had thought to enroll ds in won't be running, sigh. I imagine many people are in that boat. This company just sent me an email, not really sure why as I don't remember getting on their email. I must have, lol. 

https://2ecenter.org/bridges-online-courses/  So anyway, they call themselves Bridges Academy and they're offering a scad of one week topical courses aimed at 2E kids. I don't know the cost or that ds would be good in that setting (the MP class was a flop), but the topic ideas were neat. I'm thinking I could kick my butt and do something like that too...

So what do you think? Got any great ideas planned for summer? Think at least our pools will be open? If the pools open, life will be good. If not, well I don't even want to think about that.

Girl I am right there with you! I'm mostly still praying that the day program DD attended 2 days a week before the apocalypse will reopen on at least some kind of limited basis this summer. If not I think we'll just kinda continue our school schedule. 

I doubt we'll be doing any travel....

And the pools... here's the truly crazy part. We have our own dang pool. But we've only lived in this house < 2years, but we've lived in this neighborhood for 15 years. And we always went to the local pools like twice a week during the summers. Apparently autism brain doesn't see any reason at all to change that routine simply because we have a pool in our backyard now. 🙄 Although last summer I was able to negotiate the public pool down to once every other week and our pool everyday. But yeah... if the don't open the pools this summer it ain't gonna be pretty. 

At least the library is opening back up (by appointment only and no classes or storytime or anything) but it's something!!

• Like 1