Menu

Transitioning to public high school partway through in CA

X-Posted with High School Board. 

Is this even possible? We are moving this summer back to CA, and had planned to put the kids back into school for high school.  However with the current covid-19 situation, we are making possible homeschooling plans for ninth.  Has anyone had experience with putting kids back in partway through? The district is a high performing district and I doubt they have a lot of experience with homeschoolers -- when we were there before we knew almost no one else who homeschooled in that area. South and North counties had most of the charters and homeschooling groups, but not in this particular school district. (Poway Unified in San Diego, to be exact).  

I should probably just email the school and ask them directly, but I thought I would try here first. 

Edited by SanDiegoMom in VA

• 2 weeks later...

I live in this district. There are loads of private and charter homeschoolers in Poway these days. In fact, the homeschooling co-op group I'm a part of is the largest one in the county that is not a PSP...around 140 families. Are you coming in from another public high school or as private homeschooelrs? This will make a difference as to whether or not your credits might be accepted a particular school.

Edited by calbear