Menu

Molly Olsson - AP Environmental Science (PAH) - anyone taking this year/last year?

well thank you for writing me! it was feeling like a ghost town out there. 🙂

maybe you can ask ms. olsson if she's going to go teach elsewhere? possible? i've heard great things about her - if she's teaching somewhere else, i'd be inclined to go with her...

• 1 month later...

I was really pleased with her course. Both my girls took it 4 years apart. There aren't any live lectures and just  few short videos that she taped to explain an experiment. Essentially, it is a self taught class where the students read the text, watch a few videos from other sources and do assignments.  She was very organized and the course was clearly laid out. We've outsourced a large number of classes and hit a few duds. This class was reliable and I felt both girls were well prepped for the exam. Both girls have taken AP Psych with Bonnie Gonzales, and this class was taken at the same time. Her class really walked them through each aspect of the class and had both a live lecture and chat session. I would have loved that there were more classes like that as my younger daughter prefers a live presentation as opposed to watching something like Crash Course. Although this APES class didn't have that component, it was still a great first AP for both my girls.

2 hours ago, cuckoomamma said:

I was really pleased with her course. Both my girls took it 4 years apart. There aren't any live lectures and just  few short videos that she taped to explain an experiment. Essentially, it is a self taught class where the students read the text, watch a few videos from other sources and do assignments.  She was very organized and the course was clearly laid out. We've outsourced a large number of classes and hit a few duds. This class was reliable and I felt both girls were well prepped for the exam. Both girls have taken AP Psych with Bonnie Gonzales, and this class was taken at the same time. Her class really walked them through each aspect of the class and had both a live lecture and chat session. I would have loved that there were more classes like that as my younger daughter prefers a live presentation as opposed to watching something like Crash Course. Although this APES class didn't have that component, it was still a great first AP for both my girls.

Any idea where she’s teaching now?