Menu

Common App now or wait till Aug 1

Does it make any sense to start the application process in June (and roll over to the following year) or wait till things open in August. DS's  summer internships and volunteering are cancelled and he was thinking to get a head start on orgnziang his applications. However will it show his as a repeat college applier if the application rolls over in August?

We started early, but all of the school info rolled over in August.   DS's demographic info stayed in his application.   As far as I can remember, the general essay questions stayed the same, so if your DS wants to start working on the essays over the summer, as long as he saves them in a Word document, that would give him a head start.   Anything school-specific, including school-specific essays, will NOT save when they update the app on August 1.

My DS was SO glad that he finished all of his applications in August, before his school semester began, while many of his friends were still cramming to get theirs finished by the November 1 deadlines.  

5 hours ago, SebastianCat said:

Anything school-specific, including school-specific essays, will NOT save when they update the app on August 1.

My DS was SO glad that he finished all of his applications in August, before his school semester began, while many of his friends were still cramming to get theirs finished by the November 1 deadlines.  

This is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks. Ok then we'll just have him work on the essay prompts in a google document for now and polish that up. Yes. The goal is submit before school starts.