Menu

Accountability Thread 5/3-5/9

Morning! I may or may not be on much in the next few days. Bad internet issues this weekend, and we'll probably have to get some help in the week to sort them out.

Today's schedule:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, sweeping

School: schedule

Cooking: burgers and steaks (maybe) to grill, peach cobbler, broccoli

Writing: Planning for the redraft/rewrite for May/June, two Beta reads, a few critiques, basically catch up stuff, continue personal reading

This week is supposed to be a writing week off, so I'm trying to get quite a bit done today to give me time to sketch and paint tomorrow.

• Like 1

Morning!  @Critterfixer: thanks for the heads-up; crossing my fingers that your internet woes are minimal and easily remedied. 

Today is hacking away at the weekend list.  As a "Mother's Day" present to myself, I'd like to catch up to elder DS in math & Greek and then work up to a week ahead, finally get the floor plan (and perhaps side "elevation" views) for our school place onto graph paper or into some simple program, and eat well & exercise.  So that's the focus.  Mother's Day gravy would be getting gardens going, hedge organized. 

One of the best things about this spring is seeing the improvements outdoors -- and, come to think of it, in the children -- from work I've been doing over the last year.  Helps me be inspired to keep plugging away. 

School for today is arts-centered: literature, art, music history, languages + math; science focus with younger (components of soil, read Tiner together, go over week's labs and make sure we have stuff on hand).  History???

Cooking: asparagus custard, pizzas, maybe a breakfast or sweet treat.

Weekend list copied from yesterday:

1. school organization/planning:
    1. neaten school space
    2. check work (Greek, math)
    3. work on memory work for 15-20"
    4. sketch of next week would be great.
    5. find/order binders to have on hand.
  2. my school
    1. work on Counting/Probability xx
    2. work on Greek xx
  3. house
    1. 2-4 rounds of cleaning each day.
    2. sketch of plans for meals, incl. lunch and dinner
    3. work on floor plan of school space
  4. garden
    1. water, weed &c.
    2. draft hedge plan for area near gate.  Doesn't have to be perfect.
    3. site + plant lists for 2 children's gardens
    4. get plants in ground, sow thyme seed on space outside garden window, consider thyme on spot near car
  5. Mother's Day planning
    1. figure out something for MIL
    2. plan for myself to feel celebratory.  Or to maximize chances thereof.
      1. dump run?
  6. Exercise.
  7. Catch up with DH.
  8. END OF DAY: well, got some stuff done.  !!!  for tomorrow: start school with fitness, one round AM and one round right after lunch.  Do Inferno with elder, schedule 2 math sessions if possible 20" each, and make sure that languages get done.  Allow time for art if possible.  When to do grammar/word study this week??
Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

Morning! Argh. Is it Mother's Day coming up? Eep. I forgot about that. I might have to figure something out for Mom and MIL. Me? As long as I get most of Sunday to write, that's good. Internet woes continue. Unlikely to improve anytime soon. Part of it is usage and demand. The other part is it's satellite, and that's just the way things are. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it's bad. But this is vs DSL which was expensive and bad all the time. Plus, as I said to someone the other day, not having internet has never got in the way of my writing before. If I need internet, I go get some. The rest of the time, I can usually get along well with my laptop, a cup of tea, and just typing away. I went into town yesterday and caught up with email, and I'll probably just schedule to do that Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. 

Today's schedule:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, gardens, bed, bath. Big goal today is to set out the tomatoes and peppers, and get the herbs in as soon as I clear out the rest of this one flower bed. 

School: the usual for the boys. I'm on a writing break (meaning I have no active project scheduled this week) and I should do some summer planning today

Cooking: leftovers

Writing: Two Beta reads to work on, set up a schedule for my next writing project, see what I've signed myself up for in this post-contest thing, maybe start a short story, write a blog post, personal reading, sketching, and painting.

• Like 1

Afternoon! I spent most of the morning without power. Lightning storm last night.

Today's goals:
House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes

School: usual

Cooking: beef stew, cornbread, blueberry muffins

Writing: Beta reading, personal reading, planning for redrafting and a special project, sending a lot of critiques and Beta reads back today

• Like 1

And: afternoon! 

We are still here, toodling along.  For this evening: normalization, cleaning, exercise, prep tomorrow's school.  Bicycle practice for younger, also work on adapting to his retainer which we acquired today. 

Tomorrow school:

1. younger: kick off with history: finish chapter, do mapwork.  Math, penmanship, languages, keyboarding/writing, bit of memory work at least.
  2. elder: kick off with Latin.  Then math.  Also history chapter + encyclopedia reading, languages, composition, bit of memory work.
  3. me: math + Greek, if can manage.  Need to prepare for afternoon 'phone call / interview. 
Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

Morning! Internet is still not great, but working.

Today's goals: 

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, kitchen

Cooking: pizza

Writing: start a redraft of a project, Beta reading, critiques, personal reading, figure out some stuff for a writing group thing I'm working in for the next two weeks. It'll be fun, but I've got to sort of be in charge of some stuff, and that's not so fun!

• Like 1

Morning!  Today's bucket ...

1. School: languages; math; composition; reading/literature (Bible); music focus.  Make sure we hit history reading, do some chem prep. is optional.
  2. Have brief morning telephone appointment.
  3. Figure out how to get biology/anatomy course going for elder.
  4. Finances: work on catching up my paperwork.
  5. School for me: Greek, math, some music theory.
  6. Exercise, fitness all around.
  7. Housework, garden.
  • Like 1

Afternoon! Mornings are increasingly difficult times for me to post. The connection is just that slow. Today's plan was similar to the rest of the week, only I had a lot of reading to do today! Got it done. I also planted tomatoes and herbs today. That's almost everything in the ground with the exception of some very young seedlings that aren't ready to transplant yet. They are still in cups awaiting planting when they get big enough. The boy is baking soil so we can start one more variety of pumpkin that needs sterile soil to sprout.

Other than that, I'm writing, baking, and mostly staying busy.

• Like 1

Morning. It's going between sunny and cloudy today. Lots of birds singing. We've had the windows open for much of May, which means extra sneezing, but a constant sound track of outside, which is soothing.

Today's goals:

House: laundry, cat boxes, dishes, kitchen

Cooking: bacon, eggs, and pancakes

Writing: I have a partial to send today after I reformat it for email, then I need to get a full chapter on my redraft of a story. After that, Beta reading and personal reading. I have a couple of library books due back and I need to gather those up today.

• Like 1