Menu

Our shelter in place just got extended through May 30 and people are DONE

sassenach

This is going to be a little Bay area centric.

My county has been fairly good about SIP. We were in that group of counties that was first in the country to lock things down. At first it was very rah-rah, we're the smartest, we're the best. But...

A couple of weeks ago, we started seeing neighbors having friends over, but spaced out in their yards. That's fine with me. We're doing the same. We've had friends come sit on the other side of our fire pit in the back yard. They don't go in our house, they bring their own drinks and take their own trash. AFAIC, that's all within the spirit of the order though I know it's not the letter. 

This week, I passed by a full on block party. Thirty people in a front yard, no masks, spaced more like 3 ft apart, kids all on top of each other. They tried to open the beaches and it was completely packed. You can just feel it, people are done.

Then today they extended the order and the overwhelming reaction was NOPE. People are starting to make their own rules. Dh and I were talking about how we think the government will react. Double down on enforcement? Acquiesce? Dh predicts that they're going to ignore it. Pretend like everyone is following the orders when we all know that they're not.

Not sure where I'm going with this. Just wondering if you all are seeing the same thing.