Menu

Positives of the stay at home order

mommyoffive

My dance costumes, dance studio, sewing supplies, and tools are completely organized.  Even the icky, scary part of my basement is completely organized. Those of you who are naturally organized won't be impressed by this, but our tools have NEVER been organized.  They have a general area where they're stored, but for over 25 years every project has started with a scavenger hunt for the tools.  

I'm managing hundreds of plants from seed this year and that takes time.  I don't know how I would've pulled this off without being on house arrest.  I've got 2-3 weeks of potting up and transplanting activities ahead of me before all of my gardens are planted.  

Ds is enjoying making fun of my project energy, so Dh told him he'd better be careful because I was coming after his room next.  Dh doesn't know I'm actually going after HIS side of the bedroom next.  I'm also redoing the front entry.  Dh has zero project energy ever and thinks nothing needs to ever move from it's original spot.  I'd love to go after his office but apparently that would be crossing some sort of line or some such nonsense.

Between projects and wondering WTH to feed people all the time, I'm as busy as I ever was.  I'm just busy doing different things.  My window of high productivity/physical work is still noon-8ish, so that hasn't changed. 

• Like 4

We were eating out all the time, and I'm really enjoying cooking again.  I've been able to make and take cooked meals to my parents, too.  

I'm enjoying the break from working at the office, too, and am able to keep up with housework and laundry.  Feels more like the homeschool days again.  Feeling more relaxed.  And finding more time for Bible reading and prayer here, too.  I also discovered Youtube instead of Pandora for music, and for some online sermons!

Edited by Tina
  • Like 2

Positives for me is how many things are now online that I can join it or enjoy.  Another one is is how I have gotten back to baking bread.  Another one is back to more interesting cooking.

But the biggest positive is how it has made me really see so many more positives of my diseases.  I was already used to a lot of staying at home.  I found out that at least the one gene I have that is linked to my AS and my dd2'S reactive arthritis as a child causes us both to be less susceptible to the flu.  And at least three different medications i use are being used or investigated for in the COvid19  research.

• Like 3

On 4/27/2020 at 5:27 PM, mommyoffive said:

Have you had any positives from having the stay at home order?

Yep.  My kids, especially my teen boys, have SO much more down time.  They can sleep in two hours later (7:30 instead of 5:30am), donhomework and still have time to play in the pool after school, or legos or read.  My boys had long days because my dh drove them to/from school.  (I drove my dd- different directions).  We’ve watched many family movies together and played lots of board games. And they seem to eat so much more- which is good because they’re skinny and growing. DH has gotten to do genealogy which is a hobby of his. And I’ve discovered how wonderful Instacart is.

we homeschooled until high school and this is their freshman year. 

• Like 2