Menu

You Tube Live....question

kfeusse

Ok, so our situation is that we are going to use our phones as hotspots to run the internet in our home.  We are thinking about getting rid of cable and getting You Tube Live instead.  I know that it has DVR features, but my question is, will one of our phones have to be close to our TV to run that feature or will it just do it if we have the app on our phones too?  One of the reasons we would need the DVR feature is because we aren't home to watch it live and if we need to leave a phone home to activate the feature that might be pretty annoying.   So, can anybody here shed some light on that for us? Thanks. 

I don’t know what you will be able to do successfully currently given high volume traffic on cellular system.  I don’t have a TV so no idea about tv and hotspotting, but for regular computer hotspotting the ability to do it is way down now from what it was .  

Quite aside from tv, youtube live has often crashed for us lately if we are trying to watch something about CV19. Press conference, John Campbell etc ...

This might not be a good time to get rid of cable.

I certainly would not choose now to get rid of cable if I had it and we depended on it. 

Edited by Pen
  • Like 1