Menu

The Crown

sassenach

It is a compelling story, told very well, with liberties of course. I've really enjoyed it as well.

As a Canadian, she is, "My Queen" -- and I'd love to know what about her (as she is portrayed through this narrative) you find particularly compelling. It's hard for me to see her as anything special from my perspective because that's just kind of what I expect from a Queen. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, bolt. said:

It is a compelling story, told very well, with liberties of course. I've really enjoyed it as well.

As a Canadian, she is, "My Queen" -- and I'd love to know what about her (as she is portrayed through this narrative) you find particularly compelling. It's hard for me to see her as anything special from my perspective because that's just kind of what I expect from a Queen. Thoughts?

I don't think I have watched all of season 3, if any.  When it was released I was in the middle of family crisis and I sort of forgot about it.  I do believe from all I have seen and read she is a good person who values duty above nearly everything.  

18 hours ago, sassenach said:

I’m so behind but I finally finished the last episode of season 3 and it was brilliant. I love the queen. I wish she was my queen. 

Don't feel bad. I just started watching Downton Abbey last night! 🤣 I needed something British to tide me over until the next season of the Crown...

Edited by Noreen Claire
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

as long as you remember they took liberties with history.

Yeah, I don’t care. 

5 hours ago, bolt. said:

I never had much of an opinion. I think I always thought of her as stuffy. No personality. In contrast, she’s such a compelling character in The Crown. So steady, reflective, tender... it’s a beautiful, humanizing portrayal. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sassenach said:

Yeah, I don’t care. 

I never had much of an opinion. I think I always thought of her as stuffy. No personality. In contrast, she’s such a compelling character in The Crown. So steady, reflective, tender... it’s a beautiful, humanizing portrayal. 

as long as you don't take it as history and quote it as accurate history - I've encountered some that thought it was correct, and took positions based on things that never happened.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sassenach said:

Yeah, I don’t care. 

My opinion of Charles was changed considerably.  It doesn’t make his decision to marry a 19 year old while continuing his affair with another better ...but I was able to see him as a little boy and the tremendous pressure he grew up with to do things a certain way.  It gave me some real compassion.  

• Like 3