Menu

Secular Writing Curriculum 5th Grade

alysee

My Father's World is NOT secular and I believe the re-write they did of Writing Stands included adding some religious writing prompts if I'm not mistaken.

I recently discovered Layers of Learning's Writer's Workshop Series. The authors are Christian but, as a secular homeschool who is not religious in any way, I haven't found anything objectionable in it. I believe I read somewhere that they didn't include their beliefs because they wanted their products to appeal to the widest homeschool audience they could reach.

Anyways, I've used Brave Writer since it came out and Layers of Learning's Writer's Workshop reminds me a lot of Brave Writer but with more direction and instruction but still open ended enough to appeal to a natural writer. I think a natural writer who likes to write would love the plethora of writing ideas in LOL Writer's Workshop and the ability  to start lots of ideas and then focus on one to finish and polish each month (similar to Brave Writer but with more direction, not to mention much cheaper for those like me who are on a budget. The Guidebook and Jumpstart unit are all you need to get started). I would definitely recommend taking a look at it if you haven't already.

• Thanks 1