Menu

The Show Must Go On

City Mouse

We watched Phantom. Mostly, though, we've been watching opera on The Met's website. Also watching the theatre productions put out by the National Theatre London. I was really tickled to see Long John Silver played by Arthur Darvill, who I'd only seen before on Dr Who. 🙂

I've been watching Andrew Lloyd Webber's musicals and the National Theater, too. I've watched all three ALW productions: Joseph, JC Superstar, and Phantom. It's the first time I've ever seen phantom, after hearing about it for decades. I also really liked Jane Eyre at the National. 

It's a dream come true for me to see all these great productions. I enjoy knowing that people all over the world are watching with me, but occasionally I get overwhelmed with a sense of sorrow over the circumstances that have brought us all together. 

I agree, CityMouse, it gives me something to look forward to each weekend. It helps mark the days and weeks.

Take care,  Joann

1 minute ago, matrips said:

Are they entire shows or just clips? THe link gave me a five minute clip.  How do I find the entire musical?  Thanks 

The full show is only up for a few days. You've missed it. The next one will be up 7pm Friday BST.

In the meantime, there's a new opera every night. A prolific bunch, The Met!

I watched Phantom last night (okay, and this afternoon too, lol).  For some random reason I had already been on a bit of a Phantom kick starting maybe 3 weeks ago. I was humming one of the songs while working a puzzle, but it bugged me that I couldn't really remember any of the words. So I googled it and watched clips from the movie.  But the guy who played Phantom in that movie (Gerald Butler I think?)  didn't sound "right" to me, and I really wanted to hear what I used to listen to on cassette tapes when I was in high school back in the day when Phantom first became a thing! So I found the album on Amazon and started listening to it while I worked on the puzzle each night, to my kids' laughing consternation ("Oh ho, Mom's getting serious about the puzzle again--hear comes the Phantom music!").

I was so happy when I saw that Andrew Lloyd Weber was streaming it! I never saw the stage production (but I did actually read the book it was based on back in high school), so I was glad to put a picture to my own mental images.  I'm looking forward to watching other show now!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

What will they show next weekend? Or do they not announce it so far ahead? 

I think it is going to be Love Never Dies (Phantom sequel)?  I think Cats is coming too!  😍🤩

Edited by FuzzyCatz
  • Like 1