Menu

Music is such a balm to the soul. What are you listening to these days? 

Today I am jamming to the beautiful acoustic tunes of The Arcadian Wild as I sort paperwork. One song in particular made me think of the thread discussing what permanent changes people might make in life following the pandemic. 

• Like 1

Similar to this. A lot of instrumental and chanting. I find rhythmic chanting very soothing. On other days, rock. There is something about a screaming Rock band that "soothes my soul" 😀 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Jack Johnson 

Peter Paul and Mary

Simply Three

Sorry Jean, I didn’t realize I started two threads. Copying your reply here and I will delete the other. 

I love Jack Johnson. ❤️

• Like 1

I can barely stop myself from listening to Delta Dawn over and over and over and over again. The whole album (New York City Song ❤️ Jamestown Ferry ❤️ )  but in particular that song. I don't know why, but it's seriously something I need. Like craving a certain food because you need the particular nutrients it has.

Last few days I've really tried to curate a more upbeat playlist. 

Recent replays:

"Its a Great Day to be Alive" Travis Tritt

"Biscuits" Kacey Musgrave

"Put Your Records On" Corinne Bailey Rae

"Soak Up the Sun" Sheryl Crow

"Breathe (2AM)" Anna Nalick

"Bubbly" Colbie Caillat

13 hours ago, OKBud said:

I can barely stop myself from listening to Delta Dawn over and over and over and over again. The whole album (New York City Song ❤️ Jamestown Ferry ❤️ )  but in particular that song. I don't know why, but it's seriously something I need. Like craving a certain food because you need the particular nutrients it has.

I think my mom had this on repeat play for the first six years of my childhood!  Takes me back to Texas...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chris in VA said:

I'm Christian and it is Easter. 

This has been my jam. I'm an outlier in our Cathedral Close ex-pat community😁  

Love this!  I can’t seem to see the name of the artist on my phone.  Would you mind sharing her name?

I’m afraid that my quarantine playlist has been a continuous string of podcasts, and we all know that podcast lists are too personal to share on a public forum (lol).  You’d know way too much about me!  Perhaps I’ll switch to some good throwback tunes.

Edited by Hadley
16 minutes ago, Hadley said:

Love this!  I can’t seem to see the name of the artist on my phone.  Would you mind sharing her name?

It's Molly Skaggs! Daughter of Ricky Skaggs ❤️ 

3 hours ago, Chris in VA said:

He is Risen!

Happy Easter, Chris!

5 hours ago, Chris in VA said:

This is one of my favorites!!!!

Christ is risen indeed!

• Like 1

Aww, you guys. ❤

I've been going thru something tough here since I got back to Jerusalem (several things but one biggie) and the feeling of being accepted totally is a little lacking. Tastes run differently, for one thing. I will never be quite like my peers here. Thx for accepting my choice. 

• Like 2

Cat Stevens, Jim Croce, Poussette Dart Band, James Taylor, Carole King, pre-fame Dan Fogelberg and other 60s-70's stuff on my playlist this morning.

Dd is playing Bach for Breakfast, a lovely CD. 

• Like 3