Menu

Accountability Thread 4/12-4/18

Part of today's work is planning tomorrow's.  So:

Week's Focus: Arts and content reading (for academics); clean upper part of house, including furniture out of room currently overrun by Legos in preparation to make it a homeschooling space and move the boys' school books to their new spots in the corners of the living room, find homes for books they displace; draft weekly spending plan.

Tomorrow's rough draft: school is 3 Rs, piano, art/music, fitness and prep for RPG.  Dinner is lamb I didn't make for Passover b/c we ran out of time AND garlic. 

• Like 2

Morning! 

It's spring break, which means I really need to do some school planning for summer this week. Ugh. But I need to do it.

Today's tasks:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, bedrooms, bathrooms, linens

School: literature--I can work on literature planning. I like that.

Cooking: roast, potatoes, broccoli, pecan pie

Writing: two chapters revised in both novels, Beta reading, personal reading, review queries and synopses for my stories.

• Like 1

Morning. Didn't get everything done yesterday, but got a lot done.

Today's tasks---mostly catching up anything that didn't get done yesterday.

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, bed, bath

School: literature planning

Cooking: chicken nuggets, brownies?

Writing: two chapters for one WIP, one for the other, Beta reading continued, personal reading continued, synopses and query stuff put together. Writer's meeting stuff. Maybe a blog post, but I'm pretty busy today.

Morning. It's cold. I want spring back.

Today's tasks: 

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, sweeping the house, maybe some mopping

School: continue to think about planning for summer, fall

Cooking: chicken nuggets, brownies. Didn't get around to cooking yesterday and we ate leftovers.

Writing: Revise three chapters in one story, one in the other, continue revising queries, synopses, Beta reading, personal reading.

Extra: take care of cats

• Like 1

Morning. Another busy writing day here.

Housekeeping: laundry, cat boxes, dishes

School: nothing today. I still need to look at science books for next year. 

Cooking: leftovers, sugar cookies

Writing: Finish revisions to one novel, revise one chapter in the other, personal reading, Beta sheet, personal reading

Extra-take care of cats

• Like 1

Morning! 

Today: school; triage our term, have sense of next terms.  Fitness all around.  House stuff; dinner:???  Whee! 

Triage notes: read histories, track memory work as we go, drop primary source work until we are "caught up", get a sense of what "caught up" would be.  Read and review science with younger; assign reading to elder, plan to do some pair-reading of original science sources.  Can he read & understand the physics/chem text we're using?  Remember to challenge elder, and provide younger with plenty of practice in non-verbal problem solving, which would argue pausing younger's languages and focusing on including hands-on aspects of science. 

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

Morning. I'm feeling the Friday today. Feels like I have too much left to do.

Today's work:

House: dishes, cat boxes, laundry, sweep

School: nothing today. 

Cooking: turkey to roast, maybe roasting a pumpkin to make a pie later?

Writing: Two chapters to revise in the remaining novel, critiques for fellow writers, prep to send out two different stories to different writers for review, personal reading, Beta sheet for another writer, prepare some submissions to go out. Fun times.

Mostly don't panic and just get stuff done.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Mostly don't panic and just get stuff done.

This!  "Don't Panic" ought to be written in large, friendly letters all. over. my. house. 

Wrapping up today,  It was fine, which under the circumstances means that we're doing great!  On the evening's docket: continue orienting our school.  I'm pulling out History Odyssey stuff to help us get a better focus on history, for example ... it would be good to formalize what we're doing, align some resources, set up for next week's Friday "art day" a bit better and so on.

Exercise all around (boys; strength, micro aerobics 1,2, 3 and yoga for me); dinner of Inspired Leftovers (hoping DH can provide the Inspiration); straighten the house; come up with list for hardware store/nursery, spend some time budgeting. 

• Like 1

This morning, up early (only 'cause I couldn't sleep) and some reading, some chores.  For today: take a nap! and work on cementing our new routines; develop a back-to-basics focus with literature, art, and plenty of science (the things we don't always get to) as well as outside time, picnic lunches, and fitness.  Dinner: chicken tenders, salad, baked apple somethings. 

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1