Menu

Ronit Bird - super quick question

5 hours ago, Cake and Pi said:

I wanted to get the dot patterns Ronit Bird ebook but don't have any apple devices, plus I'm in the US and can't pay in £. Is this content incorporated into any of the books sold from Amazon, or is that totally different stuff? TIA!

RB's first book Toolkit                                             The Dyscalculia Toolkit: Supporting Learning Difficulties in Maths                                       covers the material in her ebooks Dots, CRods, Multi. Doing those 3 ebooks is roughly equivalent. The ebooks have embedded videos, a natural flow to the presentation, etc. 

I think as far as paying, your cc would just convert it to US$, no problem. Main thing is having an apple device. Otherwise, yeah, print. There's a cd in the book and you'll be able to print the files (also online?) to go with the games. Don't miss her free Games ebook as well.

• Like 1

I am thinking of getting the Dyscalculia Resource book. If I got the e-book on my computer, could I print from it? In these social distancing days I would not have anywhere to go to photocopy pages from a print book. I don't have a scanner, so I really need a printable version. Would the e-book do that?

7 hours ago, Pronghorn said:

I am thinking of getting the Dyscalculia Resource book. If I got the e-book on my computer, could I print from it? In these social distancing days I would not have anywhere to go to photocopy pages from a print book. I don't have a scanner, so I really need a printable version. Would the e-book do that?

If you mean the kindle version of her Resource book, I'm not sure. You could write her through her website or FB page. She's very good about writing back. The print versions have a cd with pdfs to print out. So even if you buy the print version, you're still printing from a pdf, not photocopying.

You know, I'm looking at this and the *previous* version included a cd to print the pages. The *new* version (a different color, slightly expanded) says those pages are downloadable. I'm not sure if they're on the website for everyone or if you use a code in the book. But no matter what, you're still getting a pdf of the pages to print.

Just to make sure you understand, Resource is extras, games. There are a lot of her Sudoku things. They're cool, but they're more a complement to the other books.

Edited by PeterPan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, PeterPan said:

If you mean the kindle version of her Resource book, I'm not sure. You could write her through her website or FB page. She's very good about writing back. The print versions have a cd with pdfs to print out. So even if you buy the print version, you're still printing from a pdf, not photocopying.

You know, I'm looking at this and the *previous* version included a cd to print the pages. The *new* version (a different color, slightly expanded) says those pages are downloadable. I'm not sure if they're on the website for everyone or if you use a code in the book. But no matter what, you're still getting a pdf of the pages to print.

Just to make sure you understand, Resource is extras, games. There are a lot of her Sudoku things. They're cool, but they're more a complement to the other books.

I do understand that the resource book is extras. I ordered the toolkit book a few days ago. With the challenging kids I am helping, I need lots of resources!

• Like 1

Just now, Pronghorn said:

I do understand that the resource book is extras. I ordered the toolkit book a few days ago. With the challenging kids I am helping, I need lots of resources!

Did you see her free Card Games ebook? I think it might harvest games from her regular books, not sure. I super love her positive/negative Turnovers. She uses "ante" poker cards for them. Also if you go to her FB page or look through the ebooks, you'll see other pics of things she uses. So it's the same lessons or games, but sometimes her choice of tools are especially nice. You can find the ante poker cards on ebay pretty easily. She had some mini playing cards and also low vision playing cards. Low vision make the numbers bigger, which is nice when you're trying to focus on the math. She has a ruler with a track for c-rods. I never got that ordered, sigh, but it was cool.