Menu

Day 21 - April 5 Do what we can

Murphy101

Fell asleep around 2am and woke up at 6:30.

Yesterday was a good day but good golly the days blurring together is really hard to cope with. Such a silly thing but seriously it’s messing with my head.  I’m trying to keep us on a regular routine but it’s hard.  I knew not being at church or meeting with friends would be hard but I didn’t realize how unmoored and disorienting it would feel to all of us. And that’s even with 10 of us in this house.  It would be really brutal I think for people who live alone or just 3 or 4.

Today will be streaming mass and we need to finish a card game.  More sewing and crochet and Korean drama.

Last night another kid came down sick. It appears to be whatever the 3 other kids had last week. Teen with headache, drainage and sore throat.

Edited by Murphy101
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Murphy101 said:

Feel asleep around 2am and woke up at 6:30.

Yesterday was a good day but good golly the days blurring together is really hard to cope with. Such a silly thing but seriously it’s messing with my head.  I’m trying to keep us on a regular routine but it’s hard.  I knew not being at church or meeting with friends would be hard but I didn’t realize how unmoored and disorienting it would feel to all of us. And that’s even with 10 of us in this house.  It would be really brutal I think for people who live alone or just 3 or 4.

Today will be streaming mass and we need to finish a card game.  More sewing and crochet and Korean drama.

Last night another kid came down sick. It appears to be whatever the 3 other kids had last week. Teen with headache, drainage and sore throat.

There’s 5 of us and we’re all muddled about the days. Today, watch church, bible study, write an article I forgot about yesterday....

• Like 3

I've been sick with pretty bad tummy troubles off and on all week, so it's nice to feel better today. I felt better on Thursday, and then Friday kicked my heiney, so I am keeping a close eye on it. I don't know if the doctor would even want to see me because I've had a cough since February. DH was going to check with his company's TeleDoc to see if I qualified for it (paperwork says "for all employees" does not say "and dependents"), but he got slammed with calls and didn't get the chance. 

I am making a grocery list/menu plan today. Hopefully, we'll be able to get a Walmart pickup time for later this week. Our grocery pickup this past week (different store) had a lot of items out of stock. I am buying far enough ahead that I just try again next week to restock or we just do without. So far, nothing has been out for longer than 2 weeks. So we're doing ok. I'm getting a little nervous on eggs though as the two dozen I bought 2 weeks ago are completely gone. 

I've spent a lot of time this past week watching trash TV and napping. So I probably need to clean the house a little today. 

I felt good enough yesterday to go out to the flower garden and start to wake it up. Hopefully, I can get out there again today. Bonus: since we are wearing fabric masks whenever we step outside, I was able to do some gardening without having my allergies flare up like crazy despite the fact I haven't taken allergy meds in a week. 

I talked to my mom yesterday; she's having a really hard time in SIP. She lives all by herself 20 hours from us, so yeah, I get it - it's lonely and disorienting. I ordered her some face masks from a sewing friend of mine since she is still going to the gas station every day for lotto tickets. And my brother's typically high medical anxiety is about DEFCON100, so that's fun to hear about. 

We're all just keeping on here. 

• Like 2

Yesterday and Today are birthday days in our house.  So we are having fun just doing what that person wants for the day.   The kids are having lots of fun with all their free time.  We told them we are getting chicks this week and they are so excited.  I am glad we did that. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

Fell asleep around 2am and woke up at 6:30.

It is like Groundhog day the movie isn't it?   We are sticking to a schedule.  Dh still works as normal.  The kids have done online school for years.  So having that is really helping.   For me it is more of a struggle I have felt, since I don't have work or school keeping me in check. 

2 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Pizza on Friday nights has probably been the biggest hit. 🙂 

It is sunny today. We are watching church from home. Not a bad day so far.

Pizza on Friday nights is our thing too. But we're also messed up on time, and as I explained to the kids that we've had pizza every Friday since SIP, they couldn't believe it had already been a week. They thought we had just had pizza. We did grilled then cast iron pan then regular pizza.

So far today I have made my oatmeal for the week, got some bread dough going for tonight's dinner (6-8 hour rise time), and made some cranberry orange scones because I have cranberries in the freezer from 2 years ago. Watched our church service video. I need to do my weekend chores today because I didn't do any of them yesterday (vacuum, bathrooms, pick up house). I should get a walk in while it's sunny. I finished 2 more masks yesterday and got 5 started to use up all of the elastic I was able to pick up. I want to turn these in tomorrow when I go grocery shopping. My grocery list looks pretty long. We just eat a lot more food with all meals at home and one extra person (college kid). As long as I can get milk, eggs, bread, and some produce, I will be okay with shopping at one store. If we can't get one of those things, I will risk another store.

Pork tenderloin tonight--hopefully grilled if the weather holds. Plus shells & cheese, salad, and homemade bread. 

Edited by Ali in OR
  • Like 2

Ok day...Mass online, short nap, rosary over zoom with MiL and SIL.

Things fell apart after the rosary.  Big kids had cherry pie for their dessert, but the two younger ones had ice cream and sprinkles.  The 12yo chipped (not sure how bad) on one of the sprinkles.  At least it is a baby tooth, but totally not what I needed tonight.  It isn’t like I was encouraging to go learn skateboarding... He says it’s a dull pain, but not bad. I am not even sure how to deal with the dentist at this point...are they even open?  We agreed to reevaluate in the morning.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mom2mthj said:

Ok day...Mass online, short nap, rosary over zoom with MiL and SIL.

Things fell apart after the rosary.  Big kids had cherry pie for their dessert, but the two younger ones had ice cream and sprinkles.  The 12yo chipped (not sure how bad) on one of the sprinkles.  At least it is a baby tooth, but totally not what I needed tonight.  It isn’t like I was encouraging to go learn skateboarding... He says it’s a dull pain, but not bad. I am not even sure how to deal with the dentist at this point...are they even open?  We agreed to reevaluate in the morning.

Our dentist is closed until June except for emergencies. I guess you have to decide if this is an emergency. Hopefully with it being a baby tooth you can safely do nothing.

53 minutes ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

How does one injure oneself on a sprinkle?  This does not compute.

I am very sorry this happened, just confused.  

Probably the same way that various kids of mine  broke ortho brackets off their teeth eating kale chips (yes the dried leaves that are only slightly more substantial than air), spaghetti, lettuce, white squishy sandwich bread.  With all of these, the kids actually felt the bracket snap off while eating these ridiculously soft foods. So it doesn't surprise me about the sprinkles.  Teeth reside in a weird alternative universe where logical ideas about what should affect them don't apply.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

How does one injure oneself on a sprinkle?  This does not compute.

I am very sorry this happened, just confused.  

My sentiments exactly as I was much more concerned about people eating cherry pie.  I never buy the round silver sprinkles because they are so hard, but this was a mix that had some colorful round ones in it that I probably should have tried first.  I didn’t buy them, but I am not sure getting to the bottom of why they are in the house is going to be well received.  They are currently in the trash.  This particular child has had more tooth issues than his three siblings combined.  He chipped and eventually had to have his baby front tooth pulled when he tripped up the stairs in the garage as a toddler.  His first permanent molar appeared between 6 month checkups and had a small hole that had a cavity in it already.  My husband has had issues with his teeth which I used to think were do to nutritional issues growing up (they were pretty poor), but I am thinking may be somewhat genetic as this child has never lacked in that area.

Edited by Mom2mthj
  • Sad 1