Jump to content

Menu

Amazon cancelled my monthly toilet paper shipment. :/


Recommended Posts

We didn't buy any all month because we get a monthly delivery.

I'm annoyed.

Yes I know, so many bigger issues in the world.  But this may force me to be part of the problem at the local store.

Oh well ... good thing we had a bit extra ....

  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a monthly subscription, but I found a pack marked "available" yesterday and ordered it. It got cancelled.

Also, we managed to get a pack into an online Costco order, and the TP was cancelled. That one was particularly annoying, because the only reason we were ordering the other items was to get up to the minimum requirement for delivery, and now we can't cancel the rest of the order.

I still have several packs, so we are not desperate. But I am staying on the look out. We have not found any in the stores over the last few weeks, and if that goes on, we will run out eventually.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine had been showing as "temporarily unavailable" whenever I went to the website and looked, and that's still what it says there, but yesterday (my "arrives by" date for subscribe & save) they sent me an email saying "There was an unexpected problem and your delivery will be delayed." 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WendyAndMilo said:

My subscription of Timothy Hay for my bunbuns was cancelled as well.  I just placed another order for it, not using a subscription, that I'm hoping will go through.

If you can’t get your regular brand, try small pet select for hay.  They are on amazon but I buy through the company so I can get free hay.  Picky bunnies and guinea pigs approved.

Edited by itsheresomewhere
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EmseB said:

Mine did that too so I bought some at the store, but now it says it's arriving in two weeks. So I will have a lot.

 

Oh that is a good sign.  SKL I hope that is how it works for you too.  I can't believe things haven't gotten normal in the stores in this.  UGH.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SKL said:

Mine said "delayed" but now it says "unavailable."

 

I bet they are just rationing. I ordered some a week ago or so - pure silliness since it's now available again at our little market - and my order says it should arrive between April 10-15.

Can you reorder or check what is available and order another pack? Until this crisis is over, they may not autoship any TP at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered three face masks about a month ago from Amazon for my father, who is 92.  They were supposed to be delivered on the 2nd, but now the tracking seems to have disappeared...  Maybe they're in the middle of the ocean somewhere.  I plan to sew a few now!

No chain stores here have TP.  I have lucked out and found it at small convenient-type stores.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to Wal-Mart a week ago right when they opened and got an OK brand. Not our preferred, but not bad. I figure I have about two weeks left, and it never is in stock when I do my online order. I might have to go into the store again (LOL). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That happened for mine too as for my usual Scott brand rapid dissolve for old septic system one.  But realizing the likelihood of not getting it, I added an order for a brand I hadn’t heard of,  and that came. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Pen said:

We used to use TP for nose blowing etc. 

In current low TP circumstances, I cut up an old t-shirt for handkerchief use.  It gives more room for coughs and sneezes as well. 

 

 

I grew up using handkerchiefs.   I'm sure I kept some because many were quite pretty, but I don't know where they are.  And I'm kind of wondering now in my old age, why did people take the time to make handkerchiefs pretty, given their use and all?  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Serenade said:

 

I grew up using handkerchiefs.   I'm sure I kept some because many were quite pretty, but I don't know where they are.  And I'm kind of wondering now in my old age, why did people take the time to make handkerchiefs pretty, given their use and all?  

 

To bring joy to the beholder as most of the time they are available for in case need arises and not actually being gunned up? 

To practice sewing skills?

As an entertaining activity before the TV age? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pen said:

 

To bring joy to the beholder as most of the time they are available for in case need arises and not actually being gunned up? 

To practice sewing skills?

As an entertaining activity before the TV age? 

 

I saw some pretty and clean ones recently in an antique store, and I almost bought them just because they were so pretty.  As a girl I had some that were simply printed upon with cute pictures, but also some that had needlework around the edge.  I think I know in which container they are stored, but I don't know where that container is.  Maybe I'll find it in my spare time during the quarantine.  Although that spare time is still a lot more elusive than I thought it would be.   And I was chuckling a bit at your old-T shirt use, because I'm saving a pile of them for use and wash toilet paper if worse comes to worse.  I have major toilet paper angst!  And this thread isn't helping that at all, lol.

Edited by Serenade
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Pen said:

We used to use TP for nose blowing etc. 

In current low TP circumstances, I cut up an old t-shirt for handkerchief use.  It gives more room for coughs and sneezes as well. 

 

You just inspired me to go make some. I've got loads of fabric and these would be easy and fast to make.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Pen said:

That happened for mine too as for my usual Scott brand rapid dissolve for old septic system one.  But realizing the likelihood of not getting it, I added an order for a brand I hadn’t heard of,  and that came. 

Not sure if you still need it, but I saw this listed as ‘in stock’ online at Walmart.com today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mmasc said:

Not sure if you still need it, but I saw this listed as ‘in stock’ online at Walmart.com today. 

 

Thanks, I’m good till next Subscribe and Save and things may be better by then.  I’ll leave that for people now low. 

Like OP!!!

7 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

You just inspired me to go make some. I've got loads of fabric and these would be easy and fast to make.

 

 

Or personal masks making too maybe . 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Liz CA said:

 

I bet they are just rationing. I ordered some a week ago or so - pure silliness since it's now available again at our little market - and my order says it should arrive between April 10-15.

Can you reorder or check what is available and order another pack? Until this crisis is over, they may not autoship any TP at all.

So unfair though.  I pre-ordered this years ago so I can just suck it up!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

 

Oh that is a good sign.  SKL I hope that is how it works for you too.  I can't believe things haven't gotten normal in the stores in this.  UGH.   

Same.

It might be normal here ... I haven't checked kuz I didn't think I needed to.  😕

Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of figured Amazon's S & S customers wouldn't be getting their tp.🙁Makes me appreciate Chewy even more. Although there's been a big rush of people stocking up on pet food & supplies, Chewy sets aside items for their autoship customers and won't sell them to anyone else.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Selkie said:

I kind of figured Amazon's S & S customers wouldn't be getting their tp.🙁Makes me appreciate Chewy even more. Although there's been a big rush of people stocking up on pet food & supplies, Chewy sets aside items for their autoship customers and won't sell them to anyone else.

 

I love chewy! I’m an autoship customer and they sent me an email letting me know that I should go ahead and have it ship early since the delivery times are taking longer. I would never have thought to do that, so I was so thankful for the heads-up!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So for my subscribe and save -March 26th delivery.

3 items dropped off my list when it was preparing to ship: tissues, clorox wipes and tp.

About 2 days before it was due to ship- Clorox wipes got filled and were delivered on time.

Tp did not ship but I got a delay notice - supposedly arriving May 14-18. 

No sign or word of tissues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...