Menu

Anyone have snapshot with car insurance?

Sunshine State Sue

Is the discount more than 50%?  Because even then, I’d probably say no.  But I’m very careful with my privacy.   

What if you don’t drive the way they like?  They raise your rates?  Drop you?  Is it the one with the phone app?  

I don't have it, nor would I in normal circumstances. But, honestly people sell their information all day, every day. Programs like this, just exist to gather information. That information is so valuable, they are willing to pay you for it (via the discount). They pay the consumer because it will make them wayyyy more money in return (than they pay you). 

You already give your information away every day....Club cards in grocery stores. Coupon sites like GoodRX. Facebook. Cookies on your computer. Free software of any kind. Google ( or any search engine). Healthcare providers. Insurance providers. The electric company. Etc. Every single thing we do that creates any type of a digital footprint, is tracked in some way.  That information has value, and it is bought and sold just like any physical commodity. 

Edited by Tap